Butterflies

"A blue lion," Shiro questioned.

"Yeah, then, they all had clues, leading to an event, some arrival happening last night."

"That's when Shiro came," you remarked. Keith turned at you and grinned.

"Bingo," Keith pointed. He stepped towards Shiro who had a confused look drawn on his face. He turned to face the rest of your crew.

"I guess I should be thanking the rest of you for saving me," he stepped towards Lance and held his palm open, "Lance right? (Y/N) told me I have you to thank." Lance hesitated as he was obviously concerned about the robotic prosthetic. He looked up with a small grin, and shook the man's hand firmly.

He held his hand out to Pidge and Hunk. Hunk held his head in silence as Pidge stepped forward.

"The nervous guys Hunk, I'm Pidge," he said as he took Shiro's grasp. "Did any of the other crew members make it out?" Pidge anxiously proposed.

"I don't know, all I remember is the mission, and being taken. I also remember being able to escape, the rest from there is blurry," Shiro sighed.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but can we go back to the alien part, where are they? Are they coming for us at this moment!" Hunk blurted, his voice was panicked and unsure.

"I don't know, all I can put together is the word Voltron, it's some sort of weapon. I don't know why they're looking for it, but I have a feeling we need to find it before they do," Shiro strongly remarked.

"Well, I was rummaging through Pidge's stuff last night,"  Hunk beamed as he began rummaging through the small male's backpack. "Look, it's his girlfriend," he chuckled as he pulled a photo of Pidge's bag. It was Pidge in a Garrison suit alongside a smaller girl clothed  in a purple dress. The picture was quickly ripped out of his hand.

"What were you doing looking through my stuff!" Pidge barked, putting the photo in his backpack.

"I was looking for a snack! Anyway, I started reading his diary," he declared as he pulled a magenta book out from behind his back. Pidge snatched the book and gave you all dirty looks. "Well, I noticed that the repeating series of numbers the aliens are searching for look a lot like a Fraunhofer line," Hunk explained.

"Frown who?" Keith interrogated.

"It's a number describing the emission spectrum of an element," you added. Hunk and Keith gave you an impressed look.

"Exactly. Only, this element doesn't exist on Earth. I thought it might be the Voltron that Shiro was talking about. I think I would be able to build a machine to look for it, kind of like a Voltron Geiger counter," Hunk advertised.

"Hunk, you big, gassy genius! That's why we keep you around!" Lance remarked.

"It's pretty fascinating, really. The wavelength looks like this," Hunk pulled a wrinkled paper out of his pocket and held it up for all of you to see. It looked like a connect-the-dots worksheet. You looked at it confused until you came to a realization. 

"Let me see that," you called as you took the paper. You walked up to the bulletin board Keith had made and observed one of the pictures, it was a mountain landscape. You held the diagram over the picture of the landscape.

"The wavelengths make the mountains, that's where we need to go," you observed. "Keith, do you know where those mountains are?" You looked over at a wide-eyed Keith.

"Yeah, they're not to far from here," he explained. You looked at everyone who stood, staring at you with a blank expression.

"Well, what are we waiting for, let's go!" you jumped as you took the picture and headed outside.

It wasn't long before you ended up at the mountains you had seen in the picture.

"Okay, this is super freaky," Lance jabbered.

"Wait, I got a reading!" Hunk Informed as he pulled the gadget closer to his face. You heard the device start beeping as Hunk moved forward. He started venturing ahead, staring at the box as he moved, you all followed behind. You walked a while, looking around at all the rock structures. You went under one rock structure before the machine beeping intensified. You all sprinted until you saw the opening for a cave, you stared a while before Hunk and Pidge ran inside.

The rest of you followed to find a dark, gloomy cave that sent a chill down your spine. You looked up to find images, they looked like the ones that Keith had originally clipped to his board back at the cabin.

"What are these?" you heard Shiro ponder.

"These were the lions carvings that I was explaining to you all back in the desert, they're all over the place," Keith informed you all. You looked around and touched the carvings, outlining them with your finger. You looked over to see everyone outlining the pictures or wiping the dust away in order to get a better image. You looked over to see Lance wiping his carving.

After he took his hand away, all the carvings lit up with a radiant blue color, lighting up the entire cave.

"Whoa! What happened?" Lance stammered as he stepped away from walls.

"They've never done that before?" Keith uttered as he stared confused. As he finished his sentence, the floor beneath you lit up.

"Wait, what!" you exclaimed before the floor beneath you broke. You fell into Keith's embrace as you were dropped into powering water that flew down the rocks. You felt his arms as he pulled you into his chest, covering you from impact. You all screamed as you flew into a small pond, falling into it with a loud splash.

"You okay?" Keith asked you as he held your face close, putting a piece of your (H/C) hair behind your ear. You stared into his dark, florescent purple eyes, feeling like butterflies were flapping their wings to the beat of your overeager heart. "I'm good, are you?" You could feel the red leaking into your cheeks, you nervously smiled as you bit your lip. 

"Yeah, I'm good," he looked away nervously, but he couldn't hide the red glow that swept over his face. He slowly let go of you and got up. He held his hand out to you, you grabbed it, intertwining your fingers into his as you got up.

"Thanks," you nervously whispered.

"Guys, you should see this," you both heard Lance coax. You looked away to see everyone looking at the elephant in the room.

A robotic blue lion.