A Proper Formation: Part 1

You were sleeping peacefully in the arms of Keith when you were abruptly awoken by an alarm that blared throughout the castle. You quickly flung yourself off of the floor on which you fell asleep on, and ran outside the door, you heard Keith running quickly behind you.

"Everyone, hurry up! Zarkon's attacking the castle, we need to form Voltron!" Allura's voice echoed through the halls. "Quick, we're not going to survive for much longer!"

"The princess is dead, Allura has fallen!" Coran dramatically weeped. "Her head was chopped off! Wait, her head is speaking to me, what is it, what do you need?" 

You entered the room to see a crying Coran hunched over on the floor, and an annoyed Allura with her arms crossed next to him. 

"Coran," she huffed, "Stop, it's over."

"I know! If only the dearest Voltron had been formed to save you!" The ginger man bawled.

"So, the Galra aren't actually attacking," you huffed. The others around you began yawing and rubbing their eyes. They all look like they were just dragged out of bed, all but Shiro, seeing as he was suited head to toe in his armor.

"It's a good thing it wasn't, it took you way too long! You must always be ready to battle  Zarkon, and fight whatever he sends our way!" She stormed.

"I didn't know we weren't allowed to sleep," Hunk mumbled in his matching, yellow pajama set. You'd never seen someone glare harder at a person, then Allura's glare at Hunk.

"Look at you so called paladins, Shiro was the only one ready! Pidge, Hunk, Keith, and (Y/N), where are your bayards!" she groaned.

"In my defense, I haven't even held my bayard, so there's no one to blame but yourself for not training us properly," you grinned.

"Watch yourself (Y/N), and does anyone know where Lance is?" she questioned. After she spoke, you heard the automatic doors open, as you all turned, you saw Lance strut out in his blue robe, paired with his slippers that resembled his lion.

"What's cookin' good lookin'" he winked towards you as he walked towards the center of the room, grasping a cup of what you assumed was milk in his hand. You gave a forced smile towards his response.

"Coran and I have been hard at work trying to get the Castle back to its original state, so we had to test the alarm. While doing that, we decided to test to see if you were awake and ready, can you guess which one of you failed," she grumbled.

"Okay, okay, hold it right there," you laughed as you pointed towards the princess, "You have been asleep for 10,000 years, and are used to whatever this evil alien Zarkon is. We were all on Earth on Monday, excuse me if we're disoriented and a little unprepared for an intergalactic war."

"You all must understand what is at stake here. Over the last ten-thousand years, we've received several distress signals from around the galaxy," suddenly, a holograph of the entire solar system surrounded you. There were plenty of orange spots, showing the planets that called for the help of Voltron. She slid her finger to a part of the hologram that had no distress beacons, "This is Earth, if we don't stop Zarkon, an attack is inevitable." You turned to see Lance's face turn as pale as a ghost, you squeezed his shoulder in reassurance. "Our mission is to free these planets, but in order to do that, we have to form Voltron, and be ready to fight Zarkon," you all nodded your heads in unison, except for Pidge.

"Let's go get our lions and start training," Shiro suggested.

"Wait, I want to talk to the prisoners that we rescued from the Galra," Pidge interrupted.

"Prisoners?" You asked.

"While you and I were getting the lion, they were able to rescue some prisoners they found," Keith explained. You nodded.

"Negative number five [a/n: pidge would be number 6, cuz you're taller, continue ;)], you've been ranked by height by the way," Coran spoke as he kneeled down to Pidge's level, "The prisoners have to stay in the cryo-replenishers until tomorrow morning," Pidge didn't look very pleased by this answer.

"Coran is correct, now please, head to your lions," Allura ordered. You began heading to the pod which held your lion. You actually really enjoyed going to your lion, you put on your suit before heading to a white zipline. The zipline lead to a smaller shuttle, which was put into the lion, for if you needed to get to somewhere the lion couldn't.

Once all the lions where held in the front of the castle, Shiro began to come up with a plan. "We'll fly in formation, and fly into the air, let's hope we form Voltron then."

Allura soon popped up as a hologram on the side of your control board. "Just form a bond with both the lion and your teammates, that will be what is needed to become one."

You all began flying in the formation, excited. After what seemed like a million years, you figured like you had to come up with a new plan.

"This isn't working," you sighed.

"Well, why don't we try building Voltron?" Keith suggested.

"Meaning?" Shiro tiredly asked.

"I mean, literally form Voltron, like, stacking the lions on top of each other," you explained.

"Like a cheerleader pyramid?" Lance queried sarcastically.

"No one has a better idea," you groaned.

After a little rearrangement, after convincing Hunk he was a leg and not the head, everyone was in their places, except for you.

"Where exactly do I go, you've never formed Voltron with me before?" You asked.

"Erm, I think you're under Shiro, remember the vision we all saw with the blue lion, the white part of Voltron was the torso. It looked like a yin-yang thing with the black lion," Lance helped.

"Thanks, you smiled, you could hear Keith becoming annoyed by Lance actually being right. You got in your place, but just like the original idea, you stayed for a while and nothing happened.

"You know what, I think we should just take a break," Shiro offered.

"I may be able to help," Allura's holograph smiled.

"We're listening," Pidge questioned.

"Well, everyone except for (Y/N) should be able to answer this, but what was the situation you were in before you formed Voltron?" She asked.

"We were almost dead! We were being shot at by these weird alien, Galra things!" Hunk exclaimed.

"Correct, so, we may need to simulate that, I have to run a castle defense test," she said.

"Wait, so you mean-" before you could finish, the castle instantly became firing lasers.

"Wow, I'm screwed," you mumbled under your breath as you began sprinting away from the blasts. You'd realized that you weren't prepared to actually to "fight."

Seeing that you were on the verge of death when they last battled.

(A/N: Hey guys! Just a little self-promo here, but if you haven't already, check out the first part of Blue, my new Lance X Reader story which will update every Saturday! (I just now realized a advertised a Lance fanfic in a Keith fanfic oOpS). Well, I hope you enjoyed, and see you next Sunday for some more of a Thing Called Life!)