Chapter 3:He's Still a stranger

"Hi, he said back to me and smiled." I smiled back at him. We just stood there staring at each other for a moment, until London interrupted. "I'm hungry, you ready to get some food?"
"Huh?Oh yeah, I'll catch up with you, I said."
"Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yeah I'm good. I know you're hungry. Go get some food I'll catch up."
"Alright, she said looking skeptical."
She slowly walked away but turned back once more to see if I was okay, I nodded my head and she mouthed okay to me. I turned back to this gorgeous stranger and he was still staring at me and smiling.
"Hi, I said."
"You already said that, he laughed."
"Oh yeah, I guess I did."
I looked down at the ground when I saw these feet in front of me.  He took my chin in his hand and raised my head so that I was staring into his gorgeous brown eyes.  He was still smiling at me so I smiled back.  He dropped his hand and asked,
"So what's your name beautiful? "
"Faith."
"That's a beautiful name for an equally beautiful girl."
I smiled at him again. 
"Hey, you want to hang out and get some food or something?  My treat."
"Yeah, that sounds good, I smiled."
"You have an amazing smile, I never want to see you crying again."
We started walking through the mall. 
"What do you have a taste for, he asked? "
I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know.  Whatever you want to eat."
"Let's get some pizza."
"Pizza sounds good, I said."
*Bing*
I got an incoming text on my phone.  I looked at it and it was from London asking me if I was still alright, I told her I was fine and that I was going to get something to eat with my stranger. Oh okay well just be careful best friend. Alright best friend I will.  I put my phone back in my purse and continued walking with this fascinating stranger.
"Can I hold your hand, he asked? "
I looked at him baffled but nodded my head yes.
"You're not a big talker are you? "
I didn't say a word and he just took my hand and we kept walking until we got to the parking garage. He lifted my hand to his lips and gently kissed it ,before he let go and opened the car door for me. He drove to this local pizza shop and we headed inside. I got up to use the bathroom and when I returned there was already drinks at our table. I sat down, "How did you know I liked sweet tea? "
"Who doesn't love sweet tea, he said?"
"Are you drinking sweet tea?"
"No I hate sweet tea. "
I laughed and he smiled.
"Its good to see you laughing again."
"Huh, I said? "
"So tell me about yourself, he said."
I shook my head and said, " I wouldnt even know where to begin."
"How long you and your boyfriend been together?"
"Weve been together for 4 years."
"Wow, 4 years.  That's a pretty long time.So what did he do this time? "
I looked at him puzzled. 
"What do you mean?"
"You were crying again, so I'm assuming he did something wrong.  Or is that just your natural state because I've seen you smile quite alot in the past 10 minutes."
"That is my natural state as of late. I haven't really felt like smiling. But I caught my bf at the mall with some girl;he claimed that he worked with her.  They were definately being a little more friendly than just two people who "worked" together. I kind of lost it and mall security came over."
"Man, it sounds like you've had quite the afternoon."
"Yeah, I said taking a sip of my water."
"Why don't you just leave him?"
I shrugged my shoulders.
"I don't know, I guess weve been together for so long it would feel weird trying to start over."
"So you're staying because he's familiar? "
"I guess. Am I dumb because I still love him? "
"You're not dumb, he said."
"I don't know. I should just leave him, but something just won't let me."
"I can understand that, he said. I've gone through a similar situation.  People kept telling me I should just leave her, but I couldn't until I was ready."
"Yeah so you do get it."
I looked up from my pizza when he didn't say anything else and he looked like he had just seen a ghost. I quickly turned my head around to see what he was staring at  but I just saw a bunch of people walking by.
"You alright, I asked."
I waved my hand in front of his face. He snapped out of it, and said "yeah I'm good. I.. I got to go. It was really nice hanging with you. Maybe I'll see you around."
He quickly got up from his chair and he leaned down and planted a kiss on my cheek.  He walked out the door and I was left sitting alone with my thoughts.