CHAPTER 03: Click

CHAPTER 03: CLICK

 I lost my brightest star.

----------

"Prime Minister Yamazaki, what is your view regarding this unfortunate event?"

"Do you believe that this incident had something to do with your reappointment as the prime minister?

"What do you believe it to be, sir? An accident? Or an assassination attempt?"

"Clearly, some people are not pleased with this reappointment," Yamazaki Daisuke spoke on the podium, facing the members of media in a press conference regarding the explosion in Dasera Hotel the previous night. "But, as the leader of this country, we shall not be daunted by such circumstance. This government shall remain steadfast, and I stand by this power bestowed upon me to govern and serve this government for the welfare of everyone, regardless of the danger it may bring about not only to me, but also to my family. And so, I invite you all to support this government. We shall not let these destabilization plots hinder in our path to economic growth."

A loud applause sounded from the audience as the prime minister stepped down from the stage, accompanied by fifteen highly-trained bodyguards, each armed with communicators and guns. Since the incident in the Dasera Hotel, Yamazaki Daisuke's security had been made even more impenetrable. Instead of being alarmed by the inconvenience such tight security may bring, however, the prime minister seemed to enjoy such treatment. The display of power pleased him. He felt as if he were a king on a medieval parade, accompanied by his soldiers.

As Daisuke entered his limousine, his secretary handed to him a paper.

"Accident?!" Daisuke exclaimed as he read the police report on his grasp. In rage, he tore the paper and threw it out of the window. "Are they telling me that the explosion was caused by a kitchen fire? That some group of fools is trying to dispose of the prime minister of Japan and Grand Lord of the Spectra by starting a kitchen fire?!"

"Those were the initial findings according to the Tokyo Police, sir," the secretary explained.

"They are trying to fuck with me, those bastards!" Daisuke clenched his fist. "For sure, the opposing political party is behind this mess. Well then, let's play along with them, shall we? I want each of their heads floating inside a water bucket at my office tomorrow!"

"B-But sir!"

"I said dispose of them," Daisuke repeated. "Where's my son?"

"Well... about your son, sir... uhm..." the secretary wavered, biting her lip.

----------  

"Mmmmm!"

As he walked towards the farthest room of his grandeur residence, Yamazaki Daisuke frowned as he heard hankering, indecent moans growing louder and louder. Abhorrent creases formed on his forehead; his fists disapprovingly clenched as he forcefully pushed the door open without bothering to knock.

"Oh! Mmmmm!"

"You like that, huh?" the man on the bed said in a husky tone. "Then I'll make it so your body would memorize every part of me."

"Oh, you're such a tease, Kosu-kun!" the girl directly underneath him garbed with nothing but his dark blue, star-embroidered bed linens giggled in delight.

"YAMAZAKI KOSUKE!"

"Fucking great," Kosuke cursed sarcastically under his breath, slowly turning his head to face his surprise guest, arriving in a rather inappropriate time much to his dismay. The girl on the bed with him shrieked as she immediately pulled the sheets to cover both her face and body upon recognizing the person glaring at them with disgust.