CHAPTER 10: Sessions (Part 2)

CHAPTER 10: SESSIONS (Part 2)

I want glow-in-the-dark stars on my ceiling.

----------

"Can you narrate to me what happened during those eight years chronologically?"

I pressed the -REC- button on my voice recorder and placed it on top of the table that separated Yoshida-chan and me. Uncapping my pen, I opened my small notebook to take down anything that may be significant in our conversation. However, she merely stared back at me with a blank expression on her face.

"I still have nightmares until now," she said as if completely ignoring my inquiry. "You are here to help me get rid of these nightmares, not dig through the past that I'm trying to put behind."

"But repressing everything will not solve your problems, Yoshida-chan," I answered with a sigh. "I am here to help you recollect those thoughts, to at least help you put back the shattered pieces together. It is only when you find peace that you'll be able to get rid of these nightmares thoroughly. I am doing my best to help you, so please help yourself too."

"But how can I narrate to you something that I've chosen to forget?" she said in a calm tone. "My mind's a blur right now. My head is spinning. I am tired."

Unlike our previous meeting where she was quite agitated and temperamental, Yoshida-chan seemed exhausted this evening. She was not wearing anything glamorous during our session, this time held in her bedroom instead of her office.  Her hair was undone, yet she did not look unkempt. She did not have make-up on. Her skin was pale like porcelain.

"I will guide you. I know that doing this recollection would be quite stressful for you. I do not expect you to remember every single detail as of the moment. Instead, we would do it with a different approach. I would like you to do something for me."

I reached for my bag and took out a plastic cylinder and five pieces of 1/8 size illustration boards. I placed it on the desk and pushed it towards Yoshida-chan.

"What is that?" she asked.

"Inside that plastic cylinder is clay."

"Clay?"

I nodded, "Yes, clay –the type sold in toy shops."

I saw her frown at me as she replied, "As far as I know, Rei hired for me a doctor, not Santa Clause."

"Yoshida-chan, please cooperate. Like I've said, I'm trying to help you here," I said, heaving a sigh. "I would like you to do something."

I reached for one illustration board and placed a number '1' on the upper right corner. I did the same for the others, writing '2', '3', '4', and '5' respectively.

"What are you doing?" she asked me in curiosity.

"I understand that you feel quite stressed right now. Your condition may worsen if I force you to narrate everything to me through words," I answered. "Using the clay, I'd like you to make me a diorama."

"A... diorama?"

"Yes," I nodded. "Narrate to me what happened during those eight years by making a diorama. Summarize everything you remember in four illustration boards."

"Four?" she blinked. "I thought there were five boards?"

I smiled before replying, "For the fifth board, I'd like you to show me what you wanted to have the most right now."

"What I... wanted to have the most?"

I took back my voice recorder and turned it off. After which, I stood up from my seat to bow politely to Yoshida-chan.