CHAPTER 18: Costumes

CHAPTER 18: COSTUMES

Feel the wrath.

---------

"Getting there... getting there..."

 Zap!

The helicopter driven by Chris hovered over the vast sea that night. They finally located the oil tanker they were targeting – the LodeStar. As they approached nearer and nearer, the men on the ship began firing their guns endlessly towards them. But aside from being a witty hacker, Spider was also a skillful helicopter pilot.

"Time to fly..."

Rei hopped off the helicopter geared with his black trench coat and mask covering the lower part of his face. He held two machine guns at both hands, firing endlessly towards the foes with incredible accuracy. As he landed on the platform, Spectra men came towards him holding semiautomatics and smoke bombs. Sting was much quicker than them. He was able to make the first move even before the enemy could pull the trigger.

He kicked the gate leading to the deck open to see more Spectra men approaching him in haste, each carrying barrels of flammable liquid. He knew that a single fire from his gun could make the whole ship explode, especially with the knowledge that the ship itself was a massive oil-carrying vessel. As the bullets of his machine guns were entirely consumed, he tossed them to the sea and took out the Silver Slayer from his sleeves. He extended the katana to full length as the men finally approached him. He swished, slashed, and sped like a furious hurricane. He was nowhere as fast as the Empress, but he was indeed twice as strong, perhaps even twice as brutal.

A pool of blood, a mound of lacerated flesh, amputated limbs, and that intoxicating smell of death and revenge...

"Feel the wrath," Rei said, "of the Silver Crescent."

"What do you want?" panicked the man on the control area.

"Take out the weapon crates or I'll slice your heads off."

"Y-YES!"

Immediately, the man keyed in a series of passwords on the panel, unlocking the door to a secret room within the oil tanker. Pleased, Rei pulled the man by his neck and forced him to lead him towards that storage room located directly beside the oil tanks.

"What a clever way to keep their wealth. Unfortunately, not clever enough," Rei smiled as hundreds of weapons, drug sacks, and glittering diamonds greeted his eyes.

Just in time, a smaller ship arrived in the scene – a cruiser owned also by the Spectra. A familiar voice sounded through the ship's receiver.

Annyeong!

"You took over the cruiser too?" the man exclaimed in surprise. "Who the hell are you, people?"

"Us?" Rei smiled. "We're your worst nightmare."

Stab!

"UGH!"

Blood crawled out of the man's mouth as he collapsed to the floor, a sharp blade piercing through-and-through his abdomen. As Rei withdrew his blood-drenched blade, he immediately setup the beam bridges to prepare the transfer of crates. Yoon threw an iron rope towards him, which he twisted around the steel loops of the crates to pull them onto the empty cruiser

As they finished the transfer within merely ten minutes, Rei hopped onto the cruiser that ultimately drifted away from the oil tanker.

When the oil tanker was out of view, Yoon contacted Chris via his communicator.