CHAPTER 29: Fifth Night

CHAPTER 29: FIFTH NIGHT

This heart just won't stop.

 ---------

"Of course..." I shrieked in reply. "NOT!"

That moment, I knew another round of Yamazaki Kosuke's game was about to commence. A childish smile lingered on his lips as he continued to gaze at my face. I must admit that I felt a little uneasy the time I met those eyes. It was not only because they were gorgeous, but also because it was as if those eyes could see through me. 

"Well, okay," Kosuke shrugged as he lifted his bag. "If you won't let me stay in your room, I would stay here instead."

"W...W-What... H-Hey!" I exclaimed in disbelief. "W-What... What do you think you're doing?!"

He positioned his bag adjacent to my door. Then, to my surprise, he lay down on the carpeted floor of the hallway, his bag serving as his pillow. He took a deep breath and yawned, stretching his arms apart.

"Ah, this would do, I guess," Kosuke closed his eyes. "The floor's a little cold, though. I would still prefer your bed."

He's a terrible, terrible actor!

"What in the world has gotten into you?!"

"Hehe," he chuckled briefly.

Heaving a sigh, I inched closer to him, "Fine."

"Fine?" his eyes opened quickly, an even wider grin forming on his lips. "You mean I can sleep in your room?"

"Yes, you can stay in my room," I nodded, "while I go down and sleep in my office instead."

I walked away, leaving the door and the lights of my room open. As I did, Kosuke quickly scrambled to his feet, following me as I strode stubbornly along the long hallway.

"Hey! Wait up!" Kosuke's voice echoed behind me. "Ayane-chan!"

"What is it again?!" I replied automatically. "Look, just go home, okay? Spend Christmas, have fun, and just leave me alone!"

I felt a tight grip on my arm. Even before I could turn around, Kosuke forcibly pulled me along with him towards the elevator.

"Agh! L-Let... ugh... Let me go!"

"Just go home? Fine. Spend Christmas? Fine. Have fun? Okay, I'll do that," Kosuke said as he closed the door of the lift. "Leave you alone? Sorry, but that's not gonna happen."

----------

He led me towards the main entrance of the hotel as soon as the lift opened. As we walked through the lobby, my employees bowed down to greet Kosuke, but not me. I could not blame them, for I look drastically different whenever I had no fancy dress or make-up on. I was wearing a meek white dress paired with flat, strapless white shoes. My hair was straight and plain. My lips were pale without my lipstick.

My gaze fell upon our hands that were intertwined. I feel as if I reclaim my heart and soul whenever he holds my hand.

Who's that girl with Attorney Yamazaki?

I don't know... probably his new girlfriend?

But I thought he was going out with Lady Nu?

Not minding the eyes that followed us as we exited the hotel, Kosuke led me to his black car – a déjà vu from ten days ago. I knew I could easily escape from him if I wanted to, but somehow, his schemes always left me very much curious of what he was up to. He started the car and drove along the busy city streets studded with beautiful Christmas lights. Snow continued to fall down from the sky. The view was magical.