CHAPTER 07: Orders

CHAPTER 07: ORDERS

I only fight to protect others.

----------

SLAP!

Lin collapsed to the floor, holding her reddened left cheek smacked by the authoritative figure before her.

The authoritative figure was me.

I motioned towards her with a look of dismay, my five-inch heels clicking on the floor. That morning, I wore a lustrous, elegant black dress extending to my ankles. Black gloves were rolled up to my arms while the slit of my dress made its way to my mid-thigh. My hair was once again styled into large voluptuous curls. My wrists, ankles, and neck were studded with jewelry.

My pink lips opened to scold my Chinese hired-assassin, "I asked you to keep an eye on the lady inspector, to gauge what she was capable of doing, not throw a poison dart towards the prime minister's son! What if the poison darts hit him?"

"Lady Nu, Yamazaki Kosuke is in the roster of targets, isn't he?" Lin reasoned, stuttering. "I just... I just thought that..."

"You just thought that you can do something as reckless without my permission?! I didn't give a go signal, did I?" I said as I bent down to grab Lin's coat. "I planned this revenge for eight years, Siren! Every move and every step, every death and consequence, every target and every deception, I've laid down everything! And someone like you will not destroy those plans!"

"Forgive me, Lady Nu," Lin pleaded. "It wouldn't happen again."

"Of course it will not! Because before it does, I will be there to kill you first!" I shouted, losing my temper and pushing Lin to the floor. I turned around to sit on the recliner on the far side of my room. I reached for the table to grab a cigarette.

However, before I was able to do light it up, a person entered my room.

"Going somewhere too early in the morning?" Rei stopped on his track upon seeing Lin sprawled on the floor, "Huh? What happened?"

"She messed up," I answered, putting down my unlighted cigarette onto the ashtray. I tried my best to calm my breathing. My heart was thudding so fast because of anger. 

"Ah, I heard from Chris," Rei shrugged. "You... get up."

Lin hesitated as she looked towards me to wait for my order.

"Get up and leave," I said sternly. "And make sure this does not happen again."

"I'm sorry Lady Nu. I'll make sure it will not," Lin replied as she stood up. With a polite bow to Rei and to me, she headed towards the door and exited.

As soon as Lin left, Rei walked towards me, "Were you upset because Siren nearly killed your high school boyfriend?"

"Where is this conversation going?" I said without answering Rei's inquiry.

"Well, I was just making sure that you're indeed ready. I wouldn't like to see our master plan going so well, then right in the middle of the game you'll decide to back out."

"There's no backing out," I stood up from my chair. I headed towards my desk to grab my bag and broad-brimmed hat with black veil, which I used to conceal my face partially.

"And what about that lady police, by the way? If she bothers you so much, shall I get rid of her for you?" Rei asked.

"No. Not yet," I answered as I looked at my reflection on the full-length mirror in front of me, fixing my glamorous hat. "I'd like to see what she's really up to. But if she goes beyond the line, I'll be the one to kill her myself."