CHAPTER 08: Bomb Out

CHAPTER 08: BOMB OUT

Does my presence send chills to your spine?

----------

 "Shizu-chan?"

 "Hey..."

 "Shizu-chan?"

 "WHAT?!" Shizuki's eyes widened, recovering from her temporary daze. She immediately picked up her fork and began turning over her serving of barely-consumed grilled chops.

Nagahara Makiko straightened up on her seat and examined her best friend in curiosity. Since they arrived in the diner to eat, she noticed that Okamoto Shizuki looked uneasily preoccupied in her thoughts. "You seem bothered. Is something wrong?"

Shizuki shook her head, "No, I'm okay. Maybe I'm just... stressed out."

"Well, I'm not stressed out. Being Tomo-kun's manager sure is hard, but it doesn't stress me out no matter how tiring the job is. I'm happy because I'm with Tomo-kun all the time." She took a sip of her coffee, "Let me guess. It's Sato Yuken, isn't it? I heard he recently came back to Japan."

Shizuki heaved a sigh, placing down her fork once again, "Makiko-chan, things between us ended a long time ago."

"Then if it's not him, what else could you be bothered with?" Makiko asked. "What's wrong?"

I wish I could tell you, Makiko-chan...

I wish I could tell everyone. I wish I could tell Yamazaki too.

But she's going through too much pain.

For eight years, up until now, she is struggling to endure it all by herself.

I have to keep everything a secret until she's ready to face her past once again.

I can't do something that may hurt her further.

Shizuki's thoughts were interrupted when, all of a sudden, Sato Yuken entered the diner. He was wearing faded jeans, brown vest over a white shirt, and weathered boots. Around his neck was a professional camera, which he secured in his clutch as he walked towards the counter.

"It's... It's him!" Makiko shrieked.

"Shhhh!" Shizuki immediately grabbed the menu to cover her face.

"Your order sir?" the cashier asked Yuken as he approached.

"Chicken sandwich and large soda – to go," Yuken replied as he handed a bill to the woman.

As the girl went in the kitchen to collect his order, Yuken picked up his mobile phone and dialed Kosuke's number.

Hey. What's up?

"Kosuke, we have to meet. I have something very important to tell you."

Can't you just say it now?

"No, I have to see you ASAP," Yuken insisted, holding his camera secure.

Then, he pressed the –ON- button and viewed his latest shot on his DSLR – a close-up picture of the Chinese hotelier, Lady Nu Huang. "I have to show you something. Where are you?"

I just fixed something important. I'm on my way to my office.

"I'll meet you there then."

Beep.

"Here's your chicken sandwich and soda, sir!" the woman on the counter said, handing to him a paper bag and a tumbler of soda. "Have a nice day!"

"Thank you," Yuken smiled.