CHAPTER 36: Lullaby

CHAPTER 36: LULLABY

Are you afraid of my smile?

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lin-noona… Lin-noona! Stop drinking already…"

Despite his countless attempts to stop her drinking spree, Kim Yoon Jae could only sigh as he watched Lin Chen pour her fiftieth shot of alcohol for the night. She filled it to the rim, grasping the bottle with her clammy, rickety hands. She seemed to be the only person looking all depressed and wretched inside the Decks, sulking amidst the hundreds of people partying and dancing to the tune of trance music played by the disc jock, Chris Glasgow.

"Hey, one vodka sunrise and one piña colada!" one of the customers across the bar called.

"One vodka sunrise and one piña colada coming up!" he confirmed back, shouting against the loud music playing in the house. He turned to Lin, "Jamkhan manyo (I’ll be right back)."

With his incredible bar-tending skills, Yoon reached for two bottles - one for the orange concentrate and one for the vodka. As he usually did, he prepared the ordered drinks starting with an impressive juggling exhibition. He was well-known in the Decks for doing this. He tossed the two bottles on the air, and then reached up to catch them simultaneously in an astonishing feat. He began mixing the drinks, and when he was done with preparing the vodka sunrise, he prepared the pineapple cocktail next by doing another bottle juggle.

"Vodka sunrise, piña colada," Yoon said cheerfully as he placed the ordered drinks on the tray. “Enjoy!”

"Thank you!"

After washing his hands on the nearby sink, Yoon leaped over the counter and sat on the chair beside Lin. "Lin-noona, let's just go home," he pleaded, pointing towards the bandage wrapped around her arm covering the gunshot wound. "Your arm's still bad!"

"Can't you just… leave me alone?!" Lin slammed her shot glass on the table.

"But…"

"Didn't you hear what I said?!" Lin shouted angrily. "I said leave me alone!"

"Are you still upset with Lady Nu?"

Lin's hands balled into fists, crushing and breaking the wine glass on her grasp, "I'm upset with Lady Nu for being a love fool! And I'm upset with Rei because he's a fool too! I'm upset with Chris because he's too passive! I'm upset with the whole Silver Crescent because everyone's turning into a freak!"

"Are you upset with me too?!" Yoon's eyes widened.

"Hell, yes!" Lin exploded. "Not only because you speak crooked Japanese! It's because all you do is turn everything into a joke!"

"Hehehe," Yoon giggled.

"STOP GIGGLING!" Lin stood up from her seat, grabbed her handbag, and strode towards the exit, "I'm out of here!"

"Wait!"

Yoon immediately passed through the dancing crowd in an attempt to go after Lin. As he finally reached the exit to the parking lot, he spotted her heading towards her car.

"Lin-noona!"

"WHAT?!" Lin turned around and pushed Yoon forcefully, making him step a few paces back. "I said leave me alone! I came here to drink, NOT to talk to anyone!"

"You came here because you wanted to see me! Just admit it, hehe!" Yoon laughed.

Instead of answering, however, Yoon was surprised when Lin suddenly raised her palm and…