CHAPTER 56: Boomerang

CHAPTER 56: BOOMERANG

I started it as Lady Nu Huang.

I will end it as Lady Nu Huang.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The very first thing that welcomed Okamoto Shizuki the moment she opened her eyes was Sato Yuken's face.

After opting to stay for the night in Crosse Williams' beach house along with Tomo, Makiko, and Ayane, she found herself the following day lying down next to the sleeping Yuken on an inclined, collapsible cot by the fireplace. She was leaning on his left shoulder and it made her blush all the more when she realized that her arm was wrapped around his lean waist.

"Don't worry. Nothing happened."

Shizuki gasped in surprise, raising her head up. "You're awake?"

"Partially," Yuken did not open his eyes, yet a wide grin spread across his face. "I don't want to wake up yet."

"Why not?"

Then, Yuken pulled Shizuki back to his arms and held her close to his chest, "Because this feels good…"

Shizuki could not help but let out a soft sigh, "Sato-kun…"

"Hm?" Yuken half-opened his eyes, tucking her closer to him.

"I'm sorry about last night," she muttered as she buried her reddening face on his embrace. "I knew that you were just trying to protect me, but I…"

"Shhhh," Yuken planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Forget about what happened, alright?"

"Okay," Shizuki smiled. "I will."

"Hey… Shizu-chan…"

"Hm?"

"…let me hold you for five minutes more."

"You've changed…" Shizuki whispered to him.

"What do you mean?"

"You're now… more open with your feelings," Shizuki reached for his face, tracing his features with her fingertips. "It makes me happy, Sato-kun…"

"You've changed too," Yuken replied.

"Me?"

"Yeah," Yuken teasingly squeezed her arm. "You're fatter."

"I'm NOT fatter," Shizuki said defensively.

"Oh, really?" Yuken opened his eyes, smirking naughtily.

To Shizuki's surprise, he boldly reached for the back of her blouse and began undoing her buttons.

"W-W…What… W-What are you d-doing?" Shizuki shrieked in panic.

"Palpation and inspection… In other words, checking if I'm right," he answered huskily, letting his hand crawl temptingly on Shizuki's bare back, "about you being fatter…"

"Y… Y-Yah!"

"What's wrong?"

Shizuki nervously pointed towards the two couches behind them where Tomo and Makiko were sleeping on. Just like Yuken and her, the two of them also decided to stay behind for the night.

"Oh… I forgot about them," Yuken smiled bashfully. He reached for Shizuki's blouse and buttoned it up again. "Relax, I was just trying to scare you! Hehe…" Then, he chuckled upon noticing Shizuki red-faced. "With that expression you have now, doing it would only make me feel so sinful."