Chapter 01

Michelle lived in rather quiet part of Minnesota. Everyday no matter the weather she would travel to her favorite part of the forest. It was a clearing with a willow tree in the middle. Her dad made a treehouse for her when she were younger in the willow tree, making it her little hideout. Before Jonah left to L.A to pursue his dreams, he was her best friend. The two would always go to the treehouse to play pirates like little kids or simply be in each others presence. Until that one day.

It was an ordinary day for the both of the..Or they thought. "Michelle. Uh.." Jonah whispered.

"Yeah? What's up?" She asked.

"I'm moving to L.A..I'll only be in Minnesota on holidays" he explained. She whipped up her head in shock.

"For how long?"

"A very..Very long time." He then explained how he got in a band with the same goal as him. He talked about each of the boys and how he met them.

"Well..When are you leaving?" Michelle asked. 

"Two months."

...

...

...

"Thank gosh you were able to come here on the last day. I'll really miss you," she whispered. He grabbed her hand in reassurance as she let out an exaggerated sigh.

"It won't be forever. I'll call you everyday," Jonah promised. she nodded before he got a call from his parents. "I gotta go in 30 minutes. We have to go soon."

"Play one last song for me?" He looked at her in confusion. "Please. I'll miss hearing your singing voice in person." Jonah gave her one last song. Michelle secretly recorded it, since Jonah would always get nervous when she recorded him.

"I gotta go. I promise I'll call you when I get in L.A." Jonah gave her one last hug before walking out of the treehouse.

...

...

...

The calls never came like he promised. He never went to visit her when he was back home. It was like he wiped her out of his life..

Michelle's Pov

"Michelle! It's been 8 hours! Where are you?" My mom scolded.

"I'm at the treehouse," I stated. I heard a sigh come from the other side of the line. 

"Come back before 7 pm. The food will be done by then." I hung up on her before throwing my phone across the treehouse. She knows why I'm so upset. Everyone does. They tried to get me over my best friend, but nothing worked. It's been a year without hearing his voice in person. All I have left are old pictures and that one video of him singing.

"I'm back." I took off my shoes and went straight for my room. I came back out later in sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt.

"We have some good news! We'll be going to New York for 2 months!" I stood there in shock. I didn't want to leave the treehouse for 2 months..Who knows what would happen. What if Jonah comes back while I'm gone?

"We're going to stay in New York for 2 months. Your mother got a great promotion there for two months. We'll be residing there for the two months as a family, Michelle" my father explained. I looked at the bags around, to realize that a bag labeled "Michelle" was there as well. 

"When are we leaving?"

"Right now."

...

...

...

We drove up to our temporary home. It was a mansion on a hill with a good view of the town down below. My family awed while I decided to listen to my shuffle music.

"We have visitors!" I went to the front to see a girl a little older than me and her parents.

"Hello! I'm Christina..You are?" Christina asked me.

"Michelle, nice to meet you." I plastered on a fake smile and talked to her about where I'm from and what I like to do.

"Y'know..We should go to the city and have some girl time. Since you're here for two months maybe you'll be able to meet some of my friends!" I nodded thinking we would go to the city tomorrow, but instead was dragged out of the door.

"Wait I didn't know we were leaving now! Let go!" 

"I know you're upset. What's going on?" Christina ordered. I looked around the car nervously, avoiding eye contact. "Please. We don't have to go to the city. We can just go to an ice cream place nearby" I took a deep breath before speaking.

"I can't seem to let go of a burden. My friend moved to L.A, promising to call me and keep in touch with me. But I guess he didn't care after all those years. He never came over when he was back in Minnesota. All I have are old pictures and videos of the two of us and a video before he left, aside from his music," I explained.

"That friend of yours seems like a douche. Or maybe he doesn't have your number anymore..But it's cool he's in a band. Maybe he's just busy. What's his name?" Christina asked, curious.

"Jonah. He changed his name to Marais right before he left.. So Jonah Marais." I felt my voice crack when I said the name. Christina's lips turned into a straight line for a second before she told me something that'd change my life.

"I know Jonah Marais.."

A/n

I actually started this in my Imagines but I decided to make a full story outta this...

-Megel670