Chapter 07 Part 02

Michelle POV

We decided to go to an Ikea to buy some furniture for the treehouse. Jonah was unusually quiet while Logan messing around in the store with Jack and Corbyn.

"We should buy this. It reminds me of Minnesota." It was a white carpet that looked exactly like the one in my old treehouse. I silently nodded before seeing a few bean bags that we could add into the house.

"Let's add these bean bags too." We grabbed a few more things before meeting up with everyone else.

"Looks like we have everything we need for the treehouse. Let's hope these all fit." We all hopped into the two cars with all our stuff and drove to my house.

We arrived a few minutes later since Ikea was surprisingly close to my house and unloaded everything into the backyard. "We meet once again!" I felt Daniel's arms wrap around my waist once again before he picked me up and ran around with me over his shoulder laughing along the way.

"Daniel! I swear you're gonna drop me!"

"I wouldn't drop you for my life." I laughed and playfully squirmed around, ignoring his cries for me to stop moving. Eventually he put me down, letting me be free once again. 

...

..

.

"And the last beanbag is in!" Zach announced. We all climbed onto the treehouse and made ourselves at home.

"Man this is amazing. We did a great job!" I looked at Jonah to see him rolling his eyes at me. Did I do something?

"Yeah. All of us working our butts off while you and Daniel goofing around is doing a "great job". You two did little to nothing." He huffed. Everyone looked at him in shock. Did he really just say that?

"What has gotten into you? The only time we goofed around was when we first entered the backyard with the furniture sprawled out," I explained. "You need to get your head fixed Jonah." I left the treehouse in anger. I didn't want to see my old best friend as a jerk, he calls his best friend out and I thinking we didn't do anything for the past few days.

Jonah's POV

I felt guilt wash over me as another memory flashed in my mind.

"Can you not bring over your girlfriend to our treehouse?" Michelle groaned. My girlfriend left the treehouse a few minutes ago, leaving us two to talk.

"What'd she ever do to you?" I asked. She huffed in response, not telling me what happened. "Just tell me, we're best friends. You can tell me anything. I won't bring her over if she bothers you."

"It's more than that.." I heard Michelle whisper.

"I'm sure if you would warm up to her for once you'd get to know her and like her."  Instead of getting a smile and agreeing to the situation, I saw her give me a small glare before rolling her eyes. 

 "I'm leaving. Don't expect me to come back for a week or so." I saw guilt wash over her, making me feel ashamed. 

I left the treehouse and went into the woods to my house. Along the way I heard laughing. Bonnie's laughing. I looked to my left to see my girlfriend with another guy simply kissing under a tree.

"What the hell!" Bonnie turned around with a face full of fear. "Michelle was right. I should've never brought you to the treehouse or ever hooked up with you. We're over."

I ran back to the treehouse to see Michelle looking at me in concern. "It's over?"

"It's over. I should've listened to you..She was bad news all along. I'm a complete idiot." I let out an exasperated sigh as Michelle came over to comfort me.

"You're not an idiot."

"I brought her to the treehouse.."

"So? I doubt she'll remember this. Plus we both just learned a lesson. We will always have each other..And we shouldn't bring cheaters over." We bursted out laughing and made a pact not to ever bring any of our friends ever again.

"We will always have each other."

A/n

A whole load of crap is going down :))

-Megel670