Chapter 18

Michelle's Pov

Tonight was the night of the masquerade ball. Christina went with a red dress, while I went with a yellow dress, to stick out. I knew it was an odd color, but it somehow suited with my skin tone. I loved it.

"You look beautiful" Christina complimented. I did a little twirl, making the skirt move along.

"Thank you. Let's take a picture. It'll last much longer." She nodded and we posed in a full length mirror. Christina posted it on her instagram and snapchat before we head off.

We were now at the masquerade ball. There were only rich families, and most were dancing with their lovers on the floor.

It'd be fun dancing with Jonah...

I waltzed my way through the floor to go to the buffet area, to see a rosy cheeked boy around my height gazing at the food, a confused look on his face. "Are you gonna just adore the food or actually eat it? My family isn't gonna sue you for eating." He turned around to me before blushing and looking back down.

"Sorry, I just haven't really eaten all day" he murmured. I nodded and started taking my food in silence.

"Michelle! Do you know who's gonna perform tonight?" I turned to see Christina looking at the stage.

"I dunno.." I lied. She nodded and grabbed food with me while I secretly kept an eye on the boy. He seemed lost, like he wasn't even supposed to be here. I was watching until I saw my parents. They weren't wearing masks, to easily be recognized in the party. They whispered something in his ear, making him rush past us.

"That's weird. Maybe he got kicked out" Christina presumed.

"I doubt it, he was well dressed and seemed friendly" I defended. I didn't know I was defending him. I was then kicked out of my thoughts by hearing him.

"Hello! We're Why Don't We. We were lucky enough to perform for the Rose company! Give a round of applause for that!" Zach announced. I teared up seeing the boys, but mostly Jonah. Because they didn't have their masquerade masks on, I could see them clearly.

"Now, the first song we will be performing is Never Know" Daniel explained. As on cue, the music started playing.

"Corbyn is here...Jonah...Everyone's here! We gotta go to the front" Christina announced. We walked as fast as possible to the front, but was blocked by a bunch of guests watching them in awe. It was sad we couldn't see them clearly, but it was good hearing their voices ring throughout the night.

"Now this is for two special people in all of our lives" Jonah announced. I watched as he looked around the room, looking for them, whoever they are.

"Who do you think they're looking for?"

"Maybe it's Elise. You never know."

"I wish it was me! They're hot as hell!"

I rolled my eyes and listened to them sing On my Way. "I think they were talking about us" Christina whispered next to me. I nodded and gazed at Jonah. Watching him on stage made my heart race. Jonah then looked at me.

And at that moment, I knew.

We're more than best friends.