Chapter 14

I looked at their window from afar to see the 5 familiar boys with a girl I've met a long time ago. I wanted to run to them, but I couldn't. Me going to the Marais's house would get me in trouble. I'd probably stay there for an extended amount of time or somehow get caught. I snapped out of my thoughts when Jonah turned around and saw me staring at the window, making us staring at each other for a while. It was like time froze and a certain memory of us flashed in our minds.

It was Jonah's 10 birthday so I decided to make a poster to hold outside his window for him to see. My family helped me make it, making sure to have Harry Potter pictures in a few spots. I couldn't touch the hot glue gun, since I wasn't old enough yet but was able to use a glue stick to glue on the pictures of Dumbledore and Harry.

"This is perfect for your friend. Let's go to Jonah's house now." I nodded and followed my parents to Jonah's house.

We eventually reached his house to see Jonah in the living room eating breakfast. I held the poster as high as I possibly could, before seeing my parents walk off. "Momma! Where are you going?"

"We'll be over here! Don't worry!" my father reassured me. I nervously nodded before turning back to see Jonah's face pressed against the window looking at the poster. He had the biggest grin on his face, while everyone else smiled at my gift. He then left the window, making me stand there confused. Did he not care? Did he hate the poster?

"Thank you so much!" Jonah ran out of the front door and gave me a hug, making the poster fall on both of us.

"Anything for you!" I exclaimed. He smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek before getting up.

Jonah eventually left the window making me think in fear. Does he hate me for leaving him? Does he not want to see me ever again? I began to tear up and turn away before hearing a familiar voice.

"Michelle!" I looked behind me before getting tackled by the 19 year old.

"You can't tackle me like that..We're older now," I groaned. He got off me and helped me up before everyone else came out, astonished to see me.

"Michelle! It's great to finally see you! Why haven't you contacted us?" I looked down in guilt as everyone stared down at me.

"My parents took away my phone and social medias." They nodded in understanding as they gathered around me.

"It's been so long! Let's go inside and we can talk. Okay?" I shook my head and backed up.

"I'm sorry I can't be out here this late. I promise we will see each other soon." I started walking off, trying to ignore their yelling to come back.

"No offense but...She's always running from us now. What's the point? I bet you she's lying about seeing her again." I heard one of them say behind me. I then sprinted into a run, crying along the way.

That's right.

I am lying.