Chapter 09

The boys came over later with bags of clothes and other items. "Too bad Logan isn't here, even though he'd probably do some prank on us." Christina said as we all went outside. "So we're gonna be sleeping in the treehouse, if that's okay with everyone."

"That's okay, it's just Zach might fall off the treehouse" Jack said, laughing. I stifled a laugh as Zach turned red in embarrassment.

"At least I don't talk in my sleep," he muttered.

"Anyways, what do you guys have in there?" I asked, pointing at the suspicious duffel bag. They took out pieces of wood, matches, gasoline to start the fire, and the classic ingredients for s'mores.

"S'mores!" Jonah exclaimed.

"Let's do the s'mores away from the treehouse." We set up the fire and put a log of wood to put our chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows on. We all had our sticks and marshmallows ready for the fire. Suddenly, the fire went off warming us up.

"I swear I'm gonna die from eating so many s'mores," I groaned. At this point we were all stuffed and full, except Zach. He was still stuffing his face with food.

"How are you still eating?" Zach looked at me like I was an alien.

"I don't know."

"He has the stomach of a whale," Jonah blurted out. I laughed until I felt my stomach groan, making me groan in pain.

"I'll be inside for a second..." I started walking inside until I felt my stomach flip once more before throwing up in the bushes.

"Michelle!" Jonah, Christina and Daniel ran up to me as I threw up. Christina put my hair in a ponytail while Jonah and Daniel comforted me. After a few minutes I stopped and was led to my room.

"Shower, brush your teeth, and chew this when you're done," Jonah ordered. I nodded as he left the room, giving me the space to clean myself up.

Jonah's POV

Seeing her like a mess hurt my heart. It gave reminded me of the times when she would throw up from other foods. "Jonah she'll be okay," Christina whispered. I nodded and sat near the fire, warming myself up.

"Hey. You think she's gonna be okay?" I looked over to see Daniel. His eyes were a dark blue instead of its usual hue of bright blue.

"Yeah. She'll be okay, I know it."

I was 18 while she was 16. We were at a party my friend invited to for their 18th Birthday. "I can't even tell what's water here. I'm gonna die of thirst" Michelle complained to me. 

"I'm sure they have water somewhere. We can leave after a few more minutes." She nodded before going off into the kitchen in search of water. I decided to wait for her to come back so we can leave, since more drunk teenagers were coming over.

After 10 minutes she didn't come over, and I knew something was up. I walked through the house, in search of her. What if  she was taken away by some drunk horny teen?

Michelle wasn't in the house. 

I ran to the front yard looking for any sign where she could've gone until I heard her throwing up. I immediately came over to comfort her while she threw up, whispering things like "It's gonna be okay" and "You're almost done." After a few minutes she finally finished taking out the contents in her stomach. She probably drunk some punch or hard vodka thinking it was water.

"Hey, let's get you cleaned up at your house." She nodded, obviously dazed from the alcohol, as we walked over to the car. While walking my friend Ben came over concerned.