Hot Spot

I woke up to Katy pulling my blankets off, begging to see mom.

"One second Katy!"

I rolled out if bed, rubbing my tired eyes. I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!"

"I'll take Katy, you be ready by 10?"

I nodded and Katy ran to my mom, I closed the door as they walked away. I got into the small shower, using the cheap shampoo and conditioner that was placed in the stall, it was just enough. when I got out, I slipped into my new Tiffany blue bathing suit and covered it up with jean shorts, and a crop too that says. "0-50" it's a name of a store I used to buy all my shirts at. They always has the best vibrant colors.

I didn't put on any makeup, I was aware we were going to the beach. I put a pony tail on my wrist and brushed tangles out of my hair.

"Ari? You in there?"

"Yeah, Cam, you can come in!"

He came in and closed the door behind him, pressing it with his back, I could see him in the reflection of the mirror, still leaned against the door, looking right back at me.

"Cameron, come here you little ratchet!"

He came over than looked at himself in the mirror.

"Well, I see someone, beautiful, smart, and just....perfect. Oh! And your there too!"

He laughed.

"Let's go!"

I set my brush down and grabbed the hotel key and walked out, putting my new white vans on.

I looked at Cameron and he have me a funny face, we waited outside if our parents rooms which were across from each other.

My dad came out, a handful of stuff and my mom struggling to carry more behind him, I pushed my way through and offered help. We walked out and went down to the beach. Caneron and I ran ahead, our "job" was to find the highest point which the waves came. I stood at the last mark the water made in the sand, I waited with Cam, I looked over and smiled, a small waved finished at our ankles.

"Right here!"

We turned and went a few feet further back.

"Let's make a hot spot!"

"Cameron...what's a 'hot spot'"

I said mocking him.

"When you dig a hole until water comes, the water gets warm and you gust sit on the sand with you legs in the hole..."

I looked at him like a genius. We dug a hole and water began to wash in, mine and Cams dads came to help. The hole was big, it was almost the size of a hot tub.

The water was average, we decided to all wash off our hands which were covered in sand. I stuck my hands under the clear water and it turned brown, sand flaked everywhere, I could feel Cams hand touch mine under the water, I looked at him and smiled, than looked at our parents, distracted..washing off. I leaned in at the same time and gave him a quick peck on the lips, I pulled back smiling, I almost fell stepping back but he fought me by my slippery hands.

"Thanks.."

I blushed, we walked out of the shallow water and laid a blanket ontop of our "hot spot" and ran to catch up with our parents.

"Let's go eat!"

Cameron and I walked behind the adults as we walked over to a restaurant that was near the beach. We went in and sat down, we ordered two large pizzas and all shared.

It was about 3:00

We went back out to the beach and all rested our legs into the warm water.

"So I know why it's called a hot spot now..." I tilted my head back relaxing and throwing my hands behind me, not realizing they would land directly on Cameron's. I looked up, the rest of the parents were relaxed so I didn't budge to move. I heard Gina breath out, it scarred me so I pulled my hand to my side as quick as I could, a fake innocent look struck my face. I knew it was there by the look she gave me. I knew I looked guilty.

"Ari..come here,come take a walk with me?"

Gina asked looking at my mom for reassurance. I was nervous and began to shake.