{Chapter 20}

Red

I have the strangest feeling when I saw the live battle footage. I knew that Ash wouldn't back down on a Pokémon battle, but this seems different somehow. 

The boy that Ash is competing against... it's like I've met him before.

"Red, do you know where Ash is?" Serena asks me, which shook me by surprise of her appearance.

"Ser, don't scare me that!" I yelped. She was in total embarrassment of what she done, and I can see why my brother has a thing for her.

"Uh, I really don't know where Ash went, per say. Maybe Ash has something to do." I replied.

But I knew that if I told Serena that Ash is having a Pokémon battle, Ash wouldn't like it if she would get involved, and knowing him, that's one of his biggest fears that his friends would be in danger that he would regret it for the rest of his life.

"Oh, ok, I guess. I'll ask someone else then. I'll see you around, then?" She asks as she left me.

I sighed as I saw Gary who also is watching the live Battle showdown.

"Oh, man. I never been so nervous about watching a battle." He said, as I listen into his conversation with Professor Oak.

"Gary, you have to remain calm. You know that Ash will be fine. He's a Pokémon Guardian after all." Professor Oak reassures his grandnephew.

"I know, Grandpa, but I really wish that I can support him, you know. I felt so helpless just watching the battle going on while we are still in the base!" Gary groans.

As I got the vision screen closer, my eyes grew widen as I now recognize who he was.

"No... it can't." I said.

Ash 

It was the moment that I wished that never happen again. The one closest to me is been mipluated by evil dark forces and I have to save them.

"Get ready, little brother, I'm not going to make it easy on you. I will save you from Giovanni's dark source and you'll come back to me!" 

Roma chuckled evilly, "I really don't know what you're talking about, Ash, but I say let's get this battle started shall we?"

I flex my wrists, knowing it wasn't really Roma who was acting this way. Pikachu notices this as he said, "Ash, calm down. We'll get Roma back and we'll show Team Rocket that we meant business!" 

I nodded, "Ok, let's do this! Charizard, I choose you!" 

Charizard came out, roaring in triumph as the ground shakes.

Roma said, "A Charizard, huh? Pretty phatic, don't you think?"

 "Charizard has a lot of stuff that you don't know. He's one of the strongest Pokémon I got before I became a Guardian."

"Hm, Let's see you can handle this Pokémon. Lycanroc, come on out!" 

A brown Pokémon wolf appears in front of us and was waiting for his master's commands.

"Whoa. I never seen that Pokémon before." 

I took out my Pokegear to catch information about the newest Pokémon I've seen before me.

"Lycanroc. The Alohan form Pokémon. Lycanroc is a camion form, resembles much like a wolf. It has three forms, Midday, Midnight and Dusk. "