7: max

"oh my god! you're gonna have a boyfriend soon, i know it!" nikki squealed excited. i picked at the skin around my nails, rolling my eyes.
"oh, please. you act like you haven't been drooling over erid since your first year at camp." i shot back, cackling a little.
nikki winced.
"that was, like, a one time thing! plus, i'm ace 'n aro. get with the times!" she shouted. we turned the corner around the fence.
neil, nikki, and i were walking each other home, as always.
neil slouched a bit. "i-i'm still not over max having a crush!" his voice squeaked.
ha. puberty.
i sighed. i was still in a daze from earlier today. preston is so...forgiving? yeah. and beautiful, too. i didn't bother to surpress my feelings as i usually do. i mean, i sure as hell wasn't going to tell preston. that'd ruin my reputation!
he doesn't even like me anyway. he's as straight as a board.
"hey, you keep that shit to yourself, alright? if you tell someone, i'll fucking kill you, got it?" i hissed sternly. neil swallowed and nodded.
we all walked in silence till we dropped nikki off at her house. we said our goodbyes, and neil started to walk me home.
sticks and dried leaves crunched against under our feet.
"so..." i began. "nerris and harrison?"
he blushed. "y-yeah. i don't just like them both, y'know. i fucking love them! what about you and preston?"
i shrugged.
"i dunno. i mean. i like him. this is the first time i've ever liked someone like this. i'm not into that love bullshit though." i replied, fiddling with my hoodie.
neil frowned.
"maybe you could ask him about it."
"about what!" i shrieked. "i can't just go up to him and say, 'hey, preston, buddy, yeah. are you perhaps gay and would you enjoy being my male lover?' no! fuck that shit, man!"
neil chuckled a bit and shook his head.
"whatever you say, maxwell."

A/N: i love my bros.