11: max

a little folded up paper fell from my locker like a leaf. confused, i picked it up, and opened it. i recognized the handwriting immediately. it was prestons. i could tell because every single "i" was dotted with a tiny x instead of a dot.
he's weird like that.
as i started to read it, ribbons and ties unraveled in my stomach. with each word my heart began to expand, and i felt my mouth curl into a smile.
still holding the paper gently, i slammed my locker and raced to david's class, a smile still plastered on my face.
when i opened the door, nikki was already waiting, lightly bouncing on her toes. the other students were talking amongst themselves, as usual.
"max? what's wrong? you're...smiling." nikki asked, standing still. i looked around the room for preston.
"i'm fine, nik. hey, uh, where's preston?" i asked in a rushed tone. nikki smiled and pointed to the back of the room.
his hair was messy and he was viciously writing something down in the notebook he always carried. probably an idea for our play.
ignoring neil and nikki, i raced over to him and slammed the letter on his desk.
he looked up. "max! hey, i see you-"
"yes, preston. yes i will. i will gladly fucking date you. yes, yes, yes." i sighed quietly, not wanting people to hear my proffesion of love.
he dropped his pencil.
"s-seriously? you aren't fucking with me, because i actually tru-"
i cut him off.
"yes, preston, because i love you!" i shouted. it obviously came out louder than i intended.
the classroom grew silent. i gulped and looked around.
"i fucking knew it!" gwen shouted.
"aww...that's kind of cool..." ered added on. nikki nodded and neil gave me a thumbs up.
i turned back to preston.
"i, uh..." for thr first time, i didn't know what to say.
"romeo and juliet: love resurrected?" he whispered.
i nodded softly.
"romeo and juliet: love ressurected."

A/N: :,))