1: First encounter🖤

My legs wobbled underneath me as I continued pounding across the grass and down a steep hill. His footsteps behind me, echoing through the wind. I searched around frantically for a place to hide, much to my disappointment there was nothing.

Nothing apart from the woods, but that place is so dark and spooky. The thought of standing in there alone is enough to send chills up my spine. Only god knows what monsters are lurking behind the tall trees and darkness. Still I had no other option besides stay near this man and I was most definitely not going to be doing that.

My heart was thumping against my chest, I had a stitch on my left side and it was getting harder to breath.
I wouldn't stop, no, I couldn't stop. Not whilst I was anywhere near my hunter.

I made it towards the woods and hid behind a tree near the border. I slowly poked my head out to check my surroundings and as the man started to shuffle in the opposite direction, I let out a shaky breath. Finally I can relax.

I start stumbling through the woods, I know my way home from here. But the deeper I wander, the darker it got. A branch snapped and I took a sharp breath, fear rushing through my veins.

What the?

Leaves rustled like crumpled paper, oh shit. I was not going to wait here any longer. I speed walked before it turned into running... again.

My foot got stuck under a branch and I tripped hitting the earth hard. "Ouch!" I moan, propping myself up on my hands. A shooting pain shot up my leg, causing me to pull up my trousers, my eyes widened as the crimson red blood trickled down towards my ankle. "Great" I mumble, touching it.

The rustling of the leaves grew louder and my heart beat grew faster.
"Is anyone there?" I shout, but my voice was no louder than a whisper. Sound was nothing in here. I heard nothing except the wind howling and the twigs snapping. "Okay just breathe" I tell myself "It's probably a dog"

There was a thump behind me, followed by a growl. Yeah, definitely a dog. Just a very big one?
Do I turn around?

I screw my eyes shut and take breaths, trying not to have a heart attack.

"What do we have here?" A deep voice asked.

I cautiously stood up and brushed the dirt from me, my trouser leg was still up because the blood was flowing faster and I needed to clean it. My eyes were met with two teenage boys, they looked the same.

"You're twins" I state, my eyes widening.

"Duh" one of them laugh, stepping closer to me.

"I'm Alexa" I say, extending my arm.

"And I really don't care" the other said, grinning.

"So rude" I mumble, huffing and pulling my hand back towards me.

The boy circling around me kept inhaling and his eyes got darker.

"Are you smelling me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "Because I haven't showered in like 5 days"

He wriggles his nose up and wanders over to his brother.

"Just kidding" I laugh, I felt something cold hit my ankle and my head drops to the floor. "Eww... no, no, no, no" I repeat, leaning down on my other knee and holding my hands over my injured leg. "Umm... Does anyone have a bandage?" I ask.

"She's bleeding"

"Her blood smells so good... Can we eat her now?"

"I've never craved human blood as much as this before"

"WAIT WHAT?" I shriek, spinning around.

They stop their discussion and move closer to me and I started visibly shaking.

"mmm... You're so tempting" One whispered into my ear. Their breath was cold.

"Such a prize" the other one said, touching my arm. Freezing hands.

"Now the only question remaining is... Do we finish you now or take you home for later?"

Okay... Creeps.

"I think now" the one with a quiff answers, taking my hand in his.

"Hold on" I shout, snatching my hand away "No one is taking me anywhere" I bring my leg back and kick him straight in his baby maker. He groans and falls to the ground coughing, the other one crouches beside him and I waste no time running for the millionth time today.

"WE WILL FIND YOU!" Someone shouts after me as I continue ducking under branches, but I don't look back.

I manage to escape the woods but I don't stop running until I am home and in the safety of the same four walls. I rush up stairs locking myself in the bathroom. I gasp for air and hold my side.

Damn, I need to exercise more.

I slide down the door and sit there staring around the room with thoughts invading my head.

Who are they?
Why were they so cold?
What did they mean by finish me off?
Why were they acting really weird when they saw I was bleeding?

They need to stop watching TVD. Clearly. They seem to take the word vampire quite literally.

I continue staring for hours, trying to figure out everything but my eyelids were getting heavy and my bum was turning numb. In the end I got off from the cold tiled floor and lazily staggered into my room jumping in bed, allowing darkness to engulf me.