2: Alone🖤

"Alexa!" Mum yells, opening my bedroom door.

I groan and pull the duvet over my head

"What?" I mumble sleepily.

Her footsteps comes closer and the temperature instantly drops as she removes the bedding from me.

"I'm going away for the next two weeks" she explains.

I get up and rub my eyes with my knuckles "Why?"

"Business duties" she shrugs, sitting at the edge of my untidy bed.

I groan again and lean my head against the bed frame "So I'm going to be here alone?"

"Well yes, but I will be leaving you some money" she answers, putting her hand on my knee.

"When are you going?" I ask

"In an hour"

"WHAT?" I say watching as she stands up again and walking towards my bedroom door.

"Oh you'll be fine" she laughs, leaving my room.

"Until you come back and find me dead" I mumble to no one.

-----
"I'M GOING NOW" I hear her shout.

I jump up from the chair and run down the stairs giving her the biggest hug.

"I love you" I whisper, holding on tighter.

"I will be back before you know it" she replies, giving me a kiss on the head. "I'd better get going or I'm going to miss my flight"

I let her go and stand at the front door, watching as she gets in the taxi. She waves as the driver starts the engine and before I could shout bye she was gone.

I close the door and wander into the living room, it was dead silent. I hated it. Something felt weird. I fell on the sofa and stared out the window, I had no idea what I was going to do for the next 2 weeks.

"Guess I'm going to die of boredom then" I say rolling my eyes. "Or I could just eat a ton of food and binge watch every Netflix show possible"

I put my legs on the coffee table and quickly lean forward when I saw the wound that decorated one of them.

"OMG, I got an amazing idea" I shriek forgetting I was alone and no one could hear me "Tomorrow I am going back into the woods"

Isn't that a dangerous idea? My inner voice questions and I roll my eyes

"Well yeah, but I need to search for answers" 

And how are you going to do that?

"I've got it covered" I smirk, sinking into the cushioned sofa.