Prologue

*This story may not be friendly

Sometimes you may wish you could go back in time, to when it was easy to smile, and your heart didn't feel like it may break. If I can rewind to that single mistake and talk it all out- I would definitely do it.

"Cory? Hey you ok?" I shook out of my thoughts and looked around to see who said that and sure enough there was Nick "Umm yeah I'm alright, why?" I ask "You were staring at the wall with no emotion on your face. You sure you're alright?" "Yes I'm sure, Nick. I just need to use the restroom..."  My voice sounded sad and down. Nick really knew what was up, guess he didn't want to bring it back up. His head was looking down at his book and I raised my hand in the air for the teacher to see it "Yes Cory?" Mr. Gold said looking at me "uh- may I be excused to use the restroom?" "Yes you may"

I stood up and looked at the ground trying not to see the others staring at me as I walk out the door. I made my way down the hallway and to the boys bathroom. I walked around the corner to just hide myself, Sliding myself against the wall and down on the floor, pulling my knees up and my head resting on my arms. I take a deep breathe trying so hard not to cry. My eyes were all watery but no a single tear drop slipped. I snapped out of my thoughts- again and heard a *SLAM* at the door as if someone was trying to break it down.

I slowly make myself stand up properly and peered over the corner staying quiet. "Gross, why did you make me go in the boys bathroom?" A girl says "Just shut up and hand it over!" A guy shouts "Alright- Alright, here" my eyes go wide as soon as she pulls out a gun from her backpack and hands it over to him. I was so scared I couldn't move. He snatched it out of her hand "Alright, hand me over the god damn money!" She shouts pulling out her hand in front of him "Oh right.. About that money" I couldn't see his face so I couldn't tell if he was smirking or not "YOU FORGOT THE FUCKING MONEY?? BULLSHIT! GIVE ME BACK THAT GUN!" She shouted with anger reaching over to the gun

"Back off!" He says as he points the gun at her and she slowly backs away with her hands up a bit to her shoulders "Ok chill dude- Just put down the gun and we can both just leave. I won't tell anyone, I promise" "As if I can trust you with all the information I told you" "Then why the hell did you tell me?? I know you feel down and sad but just calm down! You don't need to kill anyone for him! I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want that at all wouldn't he? Just put the gun down and we can sort this out ok?"  She slowly walks over to him but he got mad real fast

"HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW THAT!? WHAT IF HE DID WANT THIS! IT WAS ALL YOU'RE FAULT!" "My FAULT?? How was this MY fault???"  "YOU STOPPED ME FROM HANGING OVER AT HIS HOUSE! IF I WENT, NONE OF THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT WOULD'VE HAPPENED IF I WERE JUST THERE!" "Shut the hell up! It wasn't my fault! And stop shouting someone will hear us!"  "It WAS you're fault" he starts to pull the trigger.

"WAIT! T-" and the gun shot was heard. I ran over but while I was lifting my hand up... I'm back in class? I look around and everything seems normal. What the hell is going on? That definitely did NOT feel like a dream. What were they arguing about? I need to save that girl before it's to late...

"Cory? Hey you ok?" I look over at Nick. I just looked at him but I finally say "Umm yeah I'm alright, why?" I ask "You were staring at the wall with no emotion on your face. You sure you're alright?" "Yes I'm sure, Nick. I just need to use the restroom" His head was looking down at his book and I raised my hand in the air for the teacher to see it "Yes Cory?" Mr. Gold said looking at me "uh- may I be excused to use the restroom?" "Yes you may"

I stood up quickly and looked at the ground trying not to see the others staring at me as I walk out the door. I basically ran down the hallway and entered the boys bathroom. I walked around the corner waiting for the door to slam open. Finally after 6 minutes I heard the same thing *SLAM* "Gross, why did you make me go in the boys bathroom?" A girl says "Just shut up and hand it over!" A guy shouts "Alright- Alright, here" He snatched it out of her hand "Alright, hand me over the god damn money!" She shouts pulling out her hand in front of him "Oh right.. About that money"

"YOU FORGOT THE FUCKING MONEY?? BULLSHIT! GIVE ME BACK THAT GUN!" She shouted with anger reaching over to the gun "Back off!" I knew I only had a matter of minutes before he pulls the trigger. I looked around finding a fire alarm. I know it may be stupid but it's worth not letting her die but there's no way I can break the glass with my fist. "HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW THAT!? WHAT IF HE DID WANT THIS! IT WAS ALL YOU'RE FAULT!" I need to hurry.

I saw a hammer thinking that the boys must've been putting up a poster in here but how? Never mind that! I need to focus. I picked up the hammer and smashed the glass "Shut the hell up! It wasn't my fault! And stop shouting someone will hear us!"  "It WAS you're fault" he starts to pull the trigger "WAIT! T-" I pushed the fire alarm button. I didn't hear a gun shot so I peeked over the corner.

They were shocked and frightened. He pointed at finger at her and said "I still have to deal with you!" Put the gun in his pocket and rushed out the door "I don't give a shit" she mumbles to herself and walked out the door. I sigh to myself of relief. I just fucking saved someone's life with theses- Powers? Did I seriously just rewind time? This is insane! I walked out the boys bathroom and see a teacher in the hallway, probably looking to see if anyone else is in the school building. I try sneaking by and walking out the building but "Cory Crater? Why are you still in the school building when this fire alarm is on?" Shit

To be continued...

Inspired by the Video Game "Life is Strange"