Chapter 15 (Edited)

Cory's POV

Tommy and Ashlie are telling me that's it's okay, hugging me and crying with me. When they both broke up the hug, something spotted my eye, something in particular. I slowly got up and walked over to a desk that's covered in dust. Papers were scattered everywhere, old soda cans and pencils.

On top, there was a journal and on top of the journal was a note that wasn't dusty nor was it rusty at the same time. I looked down at it, rereading it over and over until I forget what I was reading.

I'm sure Tommy and Ashlie had confused faces as I hear them walk over to me, making the sound clatter against the wooden floor, a few steps and sometimes the floor would creak. I see them in my view but I still continually to look down. I picked up the note

"To all my friends"

It read.
"Who wrote this?" Asked Ashlie looking over my shoulder "Not exactly sure, I never noticed it" Said Tommy. I placed down the note next to the journal and then picked up the journal opening the first page. In all capitalized letters, big bolded words, said the name the whole town and school knows.
JON
"Wait... I've seen this notebook before" Ashlie said looking at it closely "I gave this to him as a present on Christmas Day. He would write in it every single day at the park or at home. Although, I never questioned what he wrote in it" "Guess we'll find out" Says Tommy.

I flipped to the next page and both sides of the paper are all in complete sentences that would last forever.

"January 1st, ####
Hey, my name is Jon and I guess I'm starting to write in this journal now. Thanks to Ashlie, I think I'm going to become an Author one day.

I have amazing friends! We always make time for each other even though school gets in the way at times but nothing defeats our friendship. There's so many of us that no one will stand against us, if they every talk bull to anyone of us.

Here are the names of my friends
Tommy, Uni, Cory, Ashlie, Nick and Dawn + Jon aka me :)
Oh god, my mom just called me down for dinner. I had no idea what I was writing or where I was going to go with it but now that I got the hang of it, I have so many stories to tell about my life, not that is is a dairy or whatever that girls have like Ashlie lol. Okay! I gotta go.

Goodbye notebook with paper in it that is waiting to be filled out. I will be back! OMG already miss you!
....
Okay seriously, bye!"

Page 1

"This is the first thing he wrote? Really?" Ashlie said as she shook her head serval times while she smiles.

I started to feel better after reading this. That once Jon was happy. A smile creaked up onto my face. I wanted to read more about his life and maybe possibly find out what was wrong before I screamed in his face telling him I wanted to be left alone. "Hey, Cory" Tommy said.

I turned around to face him "Yeah?" I replied "Are... Are you going to keep that journal with you? Not that I'm not okay with it, but once you're done reading it. Can I. Keep it?" I wanted to say "No" but seeing how Tommy was close with Jon I'd completely understand. I nodded my head and said "Sure" and then smiled. A real smile.

"Well, I have to go. My Mamá must be worried about me. See you later?" Ashlie said. I nodded my head "Me too, I have to go. It's been a long day" Tommy said.

As they left, I decided to leave. The sky was mixed with the colors yellow, orange pink and purple. For some reason, it made me think about the times me and all of my friends went to get lemonade on a hot and sunny day.

Birds flew high above me, the trees branches would rattle, seeing that the wind is blowing it. Lights were on in some houses telling by the bright light coming from their window. The clatter against my shoes and the concrete side walk made a sound. I was getting closer and closer to my house as it came in view as if there was fog in the way.

I made sure the journal was with me as I kept looking forward and back to the journal as I made my way home.

To be continued....