Chapter 23 (Edited)

What if Jon was still alive?

It wouldn't be possible. I saw his body, lifeless, on the ground. Unless...

The back of the journal, the last page. It was torn out. But what could it have said? For some reason I feel like Jon had another power. But what could it be? I don't know.

I get interrupted by a knock on the door. I jumped at the sudden noise. I walk over to the door and opened it. It was Ashlie. She looked worried. "Hey Cory, you alright?" She asked. I nod "I'm fine" Ashlie stepped aside as I exited the room. "Do you have something on your mind you want to tell me?" Ashlie said, in a serious tone.

That's weird. Ashlie isn't always serious. Why is she so worried? My movements stopped. My thoughts became deeper. I've been noticing how Ashlie is always with me. She comes out of nowhere as if she knows somethings up with me. Not for cheering me up but for discovering my power. She knows, even Jon's. How and why hasn't she talked about it with me?

I turn around to see Ashlie glaring at me, not in a bad way.

She can read minds, she has Jon's power. "You figured it out. How?" She asked "Half of the time, you're always near me. How do you even know where I am? Like that last time, where you and Tommy found me at the hideout"

Ashlie scoffs "It was just a lucky guess but you're right. I can read minds and I can see where everyone's at"

"Since when?"

"Since Jon first got his power"

"You know he's alive, don't you?"

"I do"

"Then why don't you go get him? It's as if you don't want him to be found. Are you hiding something, Ashlie?" Ashlie laughs in a friendly way and says "Dude, Don't look at me like I'm the bad guy, because I'm really not. Jon's in a different state-"

"What? Okay, wait, first, explain to me where that 'fake' body of Jon's came from. I don't understand anything anymore"

"The world is confusing. Nothing adds up no matter how hard you try"

To be continued...