Chapter 18 (Edited)

As I got to the beach side, I saw a girl with Brown hair and highlights in her hair, from behind, I could tell she was wearing a lime green sweater, black leggings and dark brown boots. When she turned around, I noticed it was Bri so I waved and smiled. She did the same as I continued to walk closer to her.

"Hey," She said "You're here!" "Yeah" I respond and looked down at my hands. I looked back up at her and said "I need to tell you something. It's been bugging me lately and... I just really want it off my chest"

"You're going to confess your love for her??" I shake my head at the thought as Bri only stared at me, waiting for me to tell her. I motioned her to follow me to sit on these rocks that were flat on top. I sighed and looked down not knowing where to start. "So, I—Have these, um, powers"  I looked back to her seeing what her reaction might be but she didn't react.

"Powers? Like the ones in Marvel and DC have?" I nodded "And you're expecting me to believe in that?" I didn't respond. I shrugged. "Have you ever used it?" She asked "Yes" I said quickly with hesitation "....On what?" "To save someone's life" Bri tilted her head back trying to nod but never did. "I've been wanting to use it. To go back in time and see someone again" I say "What's stopping you from doing it?"

Again, I stared at her not knowing what to say. "Because now. All my problems are solved. I don't know how but so many people have entered my life and their preventing me from changing the past"

"Hey" She's says calmly as she places her hand on top of my hand that's laying on the rock to hold me up from falling over. I stare down at it as she looks at me. I feel like she's scooting over to me closer and closer. Then she finally speaks "I'm glad that you're not messing with time. Everything that has happened, was meant to happen. If you do end up changing timeline, don't try to stress yourself out. Stress was always meant to be defeated no matter the cause"

I look at her in her eyes. Okay... Now I feel like she's leaning in on me. "She's going to kiss you!" "Thank you, Bri. I guess in my dictionary, Stress was something I would define 'immortal' " That's when I stared to lean in.

"Cory, I've been meaning to tell you something" I think when we were leaning in, that was a kiss. "Cory!" Someone shouted from behind us. But we never kissed. I broke it up between us and looked behind me. Embarrassed. "Ashlie? Tommy? What're you guys doing here?" I say. Ashlie looked at me then at Bri and then she smirked. "I could be telling you the same thing. Wait. Did I just interfere with something between you two?' She pointed out her two fingers at us "No!" Bri and I shouted.

My heart is beating so fast. Why. Why. Why. I scooted away from Bri as she did the same, acting as if nothing happened. "Alright then" Ashlie shrugged as she turned to face Tommy "Wanna invite those two love birds to our pizza party?" She whispered out loudly. Ashlie! I could hear you! Tommy chuckled and said "Sure, why not"

I turned to look at Bri and got up from where I was sitting and leant her a hand. She took it without hesitation and got up. "Guess were hanging out with them" Bri said as she pushed her hair back. 

To be continued...

If you are new to reading this and the next chapter doesn't make sense, please do not read it. It's mainly because I didn't edit it yet. So you're just gonna have the wait until I have updated the next chapter.