his voice | angst

AN: before we start, this was based on a small shizaya comic I saw online called "Izaya's Voice." CREDIT GOES TO CREATOR.

-x-
KARMA's POV
-x-

He's always been so innocent. His hair is soft and fun to play with. His eyes make me melt every time I see him. His smile..... don't even get me started on his smile. Everything about him is so perfect. Everything except that stupid voice.

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it......

And that's why I'm going to take it away forever.

-x-

"Yeah! It was really funny!" I heard Kayano say as I entered the classroom. She was talking to Nagisa about something, and Nagisa was laughing uncontrollably. His cheeks were tinted pink and he looked like an angel.

I sighed as I sat down, leaning my head against my hand and waiting for class to start. "Why so gloomy, karma-ma-boy?" I looked to my side to see the yellow octopus beside me. I rolled my eyes before asking "say, koro-sensei, how do you take a voice away?"

He stayed quiet for a second, probably confused, before saying "someone's voice? What for?" I looked up at him and mumbled "no reason, I just want to know." After that he gave me a small lesson on how people can become mute.

-x-

It was now after school and Nagisa and I were going to walk home together. When I walked out of the 3-E building I saw him with Kayano, laughing and talking like they were earlier.

"Oi, Nagisa. Let's go." I grabbed his arm and began pulling him with me. "O-Ok... see you later Kayano-Chan!" Nagisa waved as he was being dragged a long.

We usually take a short cut by walking around the woods, but today was going to be different. We walked side by side into the forest, Nagisa confused but still following along.

"So, what were you two laughing about this morning?" I asked attempting to make small talk. I noticed from the corner of my eyes that Nagisa was blushing.

"N-Not much really. Just a funny little story! Kayano-Chan has a rather interesting life y'know! She makes me laugh a lot! I'm really glad she's my friend..." Nagisa rambled on and on until I stopped him. I couldn't take it anymore, his voice made me go mad every time I heard it.

I pushed Nagisa against a tree, pinning him down by pushing my arm against his upper chest. He tried to get away but failed due to his lack of strength. From my jacket pocket I pull out a small switch blade, opening it up and putting it against the side of his neck.

Nagisa's eyes teared up and filled with fear as he felt the cold metal slightly pierce his skin. "I'm sorry Nagisa... I can't stand it! ITS ANNOYING! I HATE IT!" I yelled the last part causing him to wince and close his eyes.

I moved my hand to his mouth and slowly dug the blade into his skin. He mumbled something before crying and wriggling around.

"Stop moving or it'll hurt more!" I yelled as I kept moving the blade deeper into his flesh. Each time I pushed down on the knife he let out a painful cry.

"Just bear with it." I kept reassuring him but it didn't seem to be helping. Finally his eyes fluttered shut, probably passing out from the pain. When I pulled the blade out, it was covered in blood as well as my hand.

-x-
ONE MONTH LATER
-x-

It's been a month since Nagisa's been at school. Everyone asked me what happened that night, since they knew we walked home together. I told them some lie that I made up and brushed off their comments.

Suddenly the door to the classroom slid open and there he was. Cute as always, pink cheeks and long hair in pigtails. His neck was bandaged in some sort of white bandaging.

The whole class ran up to him asking what had happened. He didn't reply to anyone and just sat down, his eyes obviously full of tears.

"Unfortunately Nagisa has lost his voice... he's mute now." Koro-Sensei sadly said as he began class.

-x-

After class it was time for lunch. Everyone was either in the classroom or outside enjoying their meals, except for Nagisa. He was out in the hallway just pacing around sadly.

"So you can't talk at all, hm?" I smirked as I pushed him against the wall. He was obviously afraid, but didn't put up a fight. "Isn't the cut already healed? Why is it bandaged still?" I asked questions waiting for an answer but then chuckled. "Oh I forgot, you can't answer."

It was so nice not hearing that stupid voice of his. The silence was like music to my ears. I slid my finger under the white bandage before ripping it fully off. There was a medium sized scar on his neck that was easily noticeable.

I couldn't help myself anymore. I connecting my lips with his neck and kissed all over his scar, up and down. I could hear some sort of breathy moan escaping his lips. When I stopped I smirked using my hand to tilt his head up.

"I like this Nagisa better~ so vulnerable and quiet... I could do anything to you and nobody would notice." My lips formed back into a smirk as I stepped away from Nagisa.

"Meet me in the library after class." I demanded putting my hands in my pockets and walking away. Oh... this'll be fun.

-x-

I waited in the library quietly looking around waiting until Nagisa arrived. I'd have to punish him if he didn't... maybe make him deaf, or maybe even blind. He was like my own little doll, he's simply adorable.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I felt a cold hand wrap around my wrist. When I looked down I saw those beautiful blue eyes and smiled.

"Let's see how quiet you can actually be~" I leaned down and whispered in his ear.

I led him to one of the aisles of books and pushed him against them causing a few novels to fall from the shelf. He winced as I put my hand to his throats and tilted his head exposing the scar. Like earlier I kissed it, biting it at some points. Not a single peep came through Nagisa's lips.

Then I moved my face to his forcing our eyes to make contact. His were full of tears and fear. He was afraid of me, his best friend. Suddenly something inside me just broke and I fell to the floor.

I could feel tears falling down my cheeks but I couldn't stop them. My whole body was numb, I couldn't move. What have I done to him? I took away his happiness... I ruined his life.

My breathing became unsteady and I bit down on my lip to stop myself from yelling. Flashbacks of his smiling face and happy laughter filled my mind. Memories of him and Koro-Sensei, him and Kayano, and him with other classmates.

I didn't hate his voice.... I hated when he wasted his voice on other people. When he payed attention to others that weren't me. I was jealous.

"I'm sorry....." I muttered putting my head in my hands and shaking. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I said over and over again. Suddenly I feel warm hands wrap around my own and when I looked up I saw them again.

Those beautiful blue eyes that warmed my heart. "K---" I heard a small noise escape his lips. "Ka---" it happened again. "--rma" and again. "K-ar-ma..."

"Please! Keep going, keep talking. I don't hate your voice. I don't hate it. I love it, I love it so so so much." I mumbled as I watched in awe as he sounded out each little letter of my name.

"K-Karma.....k-kun." He then connecting our lips before pulling away and smiling. "love.... I love..... you."

I loved it so much..... I loved his voice, and I always will.