sunshine | angst

°

°

°

'you are my sunshine...'

Karma looked up at the grey sky, raindrops falling all around him. The sound of the small pellets of water splattering onto the ground filling his ears.

He was cold, his heart numb and his mind twisted. He reached his shaking hand toward the sky and watched as the rain began to fall down heavier.

'my only sunshine...'

It was silent. His ears had completely blocked out the sound of the glassy water hitting the pavement beneath his feet.

He felt lost, hopeless. He was tired, evident by the bags under his eyes that were almost as dark as the deepest parts of the sea.

His body drenched. The water soaked through his shirt, his pants, everything.

It felt as if his entire being was drowning. He had things to grab onto ,people, but he didn't have the strength to hold himself up.

'you make me happy...'

Is this how it felt to lose someone you loved? Being so overwhelmingly sad that your mind just goes blank?

He never would've imagined he'd feel like this, but here he was.

The rain lightened, but the sky remained the same smoky grey it was before.

'when skies are grey...'

'Did you really have to say goodbye in such a cold voice?' The thought rang through the redheads mind, piercing every ounce of happiness he had felt.

'you'll never know dear...'

The pain ringing through his body right now was unpleasant. He hated feeling this way, he hated how he could let himself become so weak. Seeing him with someone else made Karma's chest hurt, and he couldn't stand it.

'how much I love you...'

He stared over the edge of the building, his feet nearly falling off the side. He let go of the guard rail and took one more glance up at the sky.

"Please don't take my sunshine away." He muttered shakily as he took a step forward, his body falling through the air.

°

°

well, that came out worse then I'd hoped. I've been having some writers block lately, so I'm very sorry if my writing is seeking repetitive.

~author♡