picture perfect | alternate ed

○•○•○

Captivating. The only word that seemed to display itself in Nagisa's head. He stared for a moment, his eyes searching every inch of the view in front of him.

The clouds seemed to perfectly dance with the blue sky. Their white appearance scattered beautifully. The sun, half way hidden by the white puffs, was softly shining.

It looked absoulety stunning, magical even. The sky reflected itself onto the water of the lake. The water slowly rippling, practically begging for someone to touch it.

The grass was a beautiful green, adding more color and elegance to the scenery. Small trees were scattered here and there, adding a finished touch to the portrait displayed in front of Nagisa.

Nagisa brought his camera up to his eye level carefully, and slowly. It seemed as if he made one wrong move, the picture before him would dissapear.

He angled the camera lens, moving slightly to the right, then back to the left. His finger pressed the button on top, and a small clicking noise was heard. He repeated this process four more times, standing at different angles.

He let his camera fall slightly, it making a small thump as it hit his chest. The camera strap hung around his neck.

He let out a sigh of content before lying down on the grass. He closed his eyes momentarily, before opening them again.

His vision was met with a blob of messy red hair, and honey filled pools that almost anyone could drown in.

"Did you get the picture?" Karma asked, laying down right beside the other boy.

Nagisa nodded, a smile etching itself across his face. His heart beat was fast, like a racecar speeding down the runway, and he knew it wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

The two of them laid in silence, a comfortable silence.

Nagisa suddenly spoke up.

"Do you believe in love, Karma?"

Karma blinked up at the sky, his brows burrowed in confusion. But he didn't dare look to his blue headed friend lying beside him.

"I guess I do." He simply responded, closing his eyes in hopes that Nagisa wouldn't push the question anymore.

Karma heard shuffling besides him, but still vowed to keep his eyes shut. That is, until he heard a clicking sound.

When he opened his eyes, Nagisa was stood above him, camera in hand.

"Why'd you take a picture?" Karma asked, staring up at Nagisa.

Nagisa smiled happily, looking down besides Karma once more. He closed his eyes tightly, feeling the warm sun across his eyelids.

"I don't want to ever forget this feeling." He simply muttered. By now, he could feel Karma's gaze on him.

"What feeling, exactly?" Karma asked , continuing to watch his friend.

Nagisa took in a deep breath, sighing contently. He could feel his heart pounding faster and faster.

"The feeling my heart makes whenever I'm with you. The feeling of calmness, comfort, excitement... all of it. I've never felt anything like this before, I don't even know if it's normal...." Nagisa said, with Karma listening to his words intently, " and it won't stop, the pounding against my chest, the voice in my head telling me just go for it..."

Nagisa let out a shaky breath,  his eyes watering slightly, the tears barely noticeable.

"I'm in love with you Karma." Nagisa said, his voice laced in a slight giggly tone.

At that moment it felt as if the whole world stopped around the both of them. It was dead silent, their ears blocking out every bit of noise.

Karma's slightly agape mouth somehow managed to shut, curving into a genuinely happy smile. He let out a sing-song sigh, as he rolled himself onto his stomach.

"In love?" Karma chuckled, causing Nagisa to look up at him, the blue haired boys hazed in a pink tint. He paused for a moment, before nodding his head and propping himself up.

"Well, if that's the case..." In a split second, Karma rolled on top of Nagisa, causing his body to fall back onto the soft grass under him. Karma's arms caged the other, a protective and non intimidating grasp forming around him.

Nagisa's blue eyes stared in wonder, in awe. He looked into Karma's eyes, his face full on blushing; there was no need to hide it.

Karma took a breath in, his eyes glued onto the figure underneath him.

"Will you let me kiss you?" He asked, awaiting the answer patiently. Nagisa smiled, nodding his head as he closed his eyes.

Karma smiled as he leaned down, connecting his lips with Nagisa's. Sparks flew, both of there hearts pounding in pure bliss and adrenaline. It was loving, and it was special to both of them.

Karma pulled away and rolled off of Nagisa, falling onto the grass besides him.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Nagisa."

○●○●○