so much for breakfast | deaf au

-x-
NAGISA's POV
-x-

I sat up in bed rubbing my eyes and yawning. Light from behind the curtains slowly crept through, greeting my tired eyes.

I frowned when I realized Karma wasn't laying next to me. It was also cold, which sucked. Stumbling to get out of bed, I stood up and wrapped the comforter around my small body before going to the kitchen.

My nose was greeted by the amazing smell of pancakes. A smile crept up on my face as I saw Karma preparing plates of food. When he finally realized I was behind him, he smiled and wrapped his arms around me, embracing me in a quick hug.

'Good Morning.' He signed with his hands, kissing my cheek.

'Good Morning.' I signed back smiling, still clutching the huge blanket around me.

'Cold?'

I nodded in response, making it so that he could only see my face. I watched as he laughed, although I couldn't hear it.

The only thing I wanted was to hear his voice. Hear how he laughed, hear how he sang. But I couldn't, and I never would be able to. Pretty sad right? I'd never be able to know what my boyfriends voice sounded like. I wouldn't be able to sing with him on road trips. I couldn't go to the movies with him either...

Before I knew it, I was on my knees. Salty water droplets fell down my cheeks and I stared at the ground. Why would he want to date someone like me? Someone he couldn't even speak to? Someone he had to use sign language to communicate with? I was pathetic...

The blanket that had previously wrapped my slender frame fell to my side. I cringed at the cold air but I could care less. It wouldn't stop, the tears wouldn't stop.

Suddenly the cold breeze was replaced by warmth. The same warmth that made me melt every time I felt it. It was nice.

-x-
3rd POV
-x-

"It's okay..." Karma mumbled continuously even though Nagisa couldn't hear him. He watched as the smaller boy continued to cry, dampening Karma's shirt.

Karma kissed the top of Nagisa's head, continuing to embrace him. This wasn't unusual or out of the ordinary. Nagisa had panic attacks quite often, it was something Karma had adapted to.

Five minutes passed and Nagisa had stopped balling his eyes out. When he looked up, his blue orbs met Karma's golden ones.

Nagisa raised his hand slowly, making swift motions as Karma watched sternly.

'I'm sorry.'

'Don't apologize... it's alright.'

They sat on the floor like that for hours on end, Nagisa cradled in Karma's arms. Before he knew it, Nagisa had fallen asleep.

Karma kissed the small boys forehead before bringing him back to the bedroom and laying him down.

"So much for breakfast..." he mumbled with a slightly pained smile on his face.

AN//

this wasn't even 500 words oh my. I wanted to update though so, hope you enjoyed! Feel free to leave requests^.^

P.S.
I'm working on a KarmaGisa fanfiction so watch out for that~

TAKE IT EASY GUYS~

~{author}