Diverse: Chapter 1

[y/n pov]

"Wake up! Wake up! This instant! You have chores!" My mother screams as you slowly make your way out of your uncomfortable bed.

Mother gives me a list of chores I quickly scan over as I put on my dirty, old, plain dress that I've been using since I was 8 . My chores are simple today. Mother must be in a decent mood.

Chores for y/n
1: Make breakfast
2: Scrub dishes afterwards
3: Help father milk the cow
4: Meet Sara and I at 9 pm for dinner

I usually have about 10-20 chores, and they usually take me until its past 9 pm. I most often do chores until 11pm or later. Also I've never been invited to dinner at Sara's... Mother goes every night, and I wonder why she all a sudden invited me.

I make breakfast as my mind springs with curiosity of all the outcomes that can take place at dinner at Sara McCauley's tonight. Maybe it's bad news that they don't want me anymore. Possibly is good news that I am actually a princess and I've been sent here to protect me from the evil monster. Maybe my mother just wants to feed me for once, maybe she actually cares about me. Maybe my mother loves me...

I pass out breakfast to mother and father. We eat silently and afterwards I clean the dishes. I have to an hour break before I have to help father so I read the only book I own called 'Julian of Rome'. When the hour is nearly up I meat father in the barn.

"Y/n thanks for coming to help! I really am thankful." Father says as he pats for me to sit next to him.

Father sips his water and then continues, "Your a very hard working young lady and I love you!" Father says as he hugs me.

"Oh how I love you too!" I say meaningfully.

Father then starts coughing a very sick cough. I knew dad was sick for a while, but mother insists he's okay. She says that it would be a waste of money to use for a doctor. I really hope he is okay. He is the only person who treats me thoughtfully and he is the only person I love. I truly believe he is the only person who loves me.

"Are you alright father?" I ask as I rub his back in attempt to make him feel better. Which obviously does not work...

"Oh.... Yes I'm well. Let's milk this cow so your Mother doesn't fuss about it later." Father says as he gets up. I see the pain in his eyes. I know something is wrong.

"Uh. Father you go rest I'll milk the cow. Okay? You don't look to well! Maybe you have a cold or a high fever." I snatch the bucket out of his hand. He nods and thanks me.

When I finish milking the cow its about 5 pm. I go inside and make some hot tea with cheese for father in who is in bed resting. Mother is already at our neighbor Sara McCauley's house starting to prepare dinner.

I give father his Tea and Cheese which he thanks me for vaguely.
I then head to my room to do my hair for dinner. I would change but this is the only dress I own besides my nightgown, and wearing my nightgown would be more foolish than my old stinky dress.

I put my hair in a perfect French braid, and I even make a flower crown out of daisy's from the front of the yard. I add the crown over my head, and at 8pm in ready to go.

I gather some more flowers and tie them up so it looks like a Bosque. I plan on giving them to Sara for inviting me, and giving some to Mother for inviting me as well.

At 8:30 pm I walk over and when arrive I knock on the door...

To be continued...