Diverse: Chapter 5

[y/n pov.]

"Oh don't worry! I know exactly what you need, and I know the exact location on where to find it" Gilbert says grinning.

"Thanks Gilbert... For everything you have done for me. In really thankful. Nobody has ever showed attention for me besides my fathee father." I smile. He smiles back. Oh that smile...

We leave the horse and carriage at the local stables, and we go To the doctors medicine store first.

After I pick up father pain killer meds we go to the bookshop across the street for supplies for school. She. Gilbert starts a pile of what I will need.

A chalkboard
Books on the stories of Rome
Ink
Etc.

After we have everything I realize I do not have the money for this..

"Gilbert I don't have enough money. I am so terribly Sorry that I made you come with me at all. Oh I'm a terrible friend." I throw my heads up to my face. He gently pulls them off of me. Then smiles.

"You didn't make me come here? Also your an amazing friend. And...", he pulls out a 50, " I have money!" He states, and his face lights up.

"No you have done enough for me! Gilbert I really do appreciate this but I'm not worth your money nor your time. Your very kind but I don't think you should waste Your valuable money on me worthless y/-" I was cut off.

"Well I'm spending all this on you wether you like it or not. You could use a new dress or 3 and a pair of shoes. While we're at it I'll buy you a charm necklace so you can wear it with our names engrained so you will never forget me!" He says.

"Oh Gilbert​ you truly are amazing! You deserve to fall in love with an amazing woman one day!" I embrace him in a hug.

[3rd person point of view]

"I think I already am..." Gilbert mutters.

[y/n pov.]

Gilbert mutters something as we leave, but I don't quite hear it. We head to the dress shop, and after that to the shoe shop.

When were done shopping it occurs to me that I'm never going to be able to explain why and how I got all of these expensive items To my mother.

"Uh Gilbert how is my mother going to be okay with this? She's going to ask where I got all this? She's going to beat me or make me sleep outside in the barn. Or she won't feed me.." I stutter.

Gilbert laughs. "I have a plan and you don't have to worry about anything." Gilbert pats my back.

I nod and we go on the carriage back home. I hope for the best that mother won't be angry when we get back.

When we get home Gilbert walks into my house. Wait what?

"Gilbert! Stop she'll see-" I was cut off by my mother coming outside. "You..." I mutter to myself. Were done for. I'll never be aloud to eat again.

"Why hello Gilbert!" My mother says pretending to be the most happy woman in the world. She glares at me, and I shrug my shoulders.

"Hello Mrs. Y/l/n! I saw your daughter y/n in the village buying school supplies, and I lent her some cash to purchase the proper necessities. I wanted to inform you because y/n said you would be angry. Also... Hold on let me get it out Mrs. Y/l/n.... I have some money for you in case you need anything." Gilbert explains.

"Oh Gilbert you are amazing dear! Thank you so much!" Mother ersatz a smile.

I walk up to Mother and show her all my belongings that Gilbert got me. How amazing he is...