Diverse: Chapter 12

{y/n pov.}
I'm sorry I haven't been writing for awhile. I've been busy with homework and school in general. Also I'd like you guys to stop hating on my story (stories) on how that's not how it is in reality! THIS IS A STORY NOT REALITY! DO NOT READ MY STORY IF YOUR GOING TO HATE ON IT¡¡¡¡¡ I'm going to start blocking and reporting you guys who do. I spend a lot of time writing these stories , please don't hate. Keep it to your selves.

"Gilbert..."I say in shock.

"Oh thank god your okay. I thought you were dead. You were passed out for a while, did you know that?" Gilbert asked, putting a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Yes I assumed I was half unconscious about an hour ago. I heard everything you guys said." Gilberts face go's beet red.

"You heard what I sa-" I cut him off with a nod.

"Okay I'll let you guys talk as I go tell the others your alright." the doctor says politely as he walks out of the door.

"So you think I'm unique and intelligent. You also think it wouldn't be bad for you to be my girlfriend, but you also think your not good enough and that you can't control your feeling?" I ask remembering word by word of what he said.

His face turns a darker shade of red, and he looks down.

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't but I just really. Really like you. Maybe even love you. I have this feeling in my body when I think about you and I just can't even deny it anymore." Gilbert says in a cluster of words.

"I love you too. And you aren't 'not good enough' that's obscured. I think we are meant for each other." I smile.

After I said that Gilbert looks at me like he's making up his mind. Then he shakes his head in a 'screw it' sort of way, and he leans in to kiss me.

I don't recall the series of events during that moment, but the door burst open when our lips were centimeters apart. It was that girl from school. Ruby.

Tears swelled in her eyes and she ran out. Gilbert tried to call her name, but she kept running. I sat there shocked, and confused. Are they boyfriend in girlfriend? Am I interfering? Gilbert turned toward me.

"I'm just interfering with you. I don't want to make Ruby upset. Maybe we shouldn't do this." I say, and I felt my heart drop to the floor.

"No. Y/n. Your not interfering, Ruby just always liked me and I never felt the same way." Gilbert stated.

"Let me think." I said, and got up to walk away. Then I realized, where am I?

"Gilbert. Where am I?" I asked.

"My house. And I need to tell you something. It's about your mom getting put on tri-" I cut him off.

"Trial for abuse. I heard. If all works out I'll live here, but mother is very good at lying and persuading." I say, a pang of guilt hits me.

"Y/n.... I'll fight for your safety." He said, and I nodded and walked out.

An older man and a girl were waiting outside. 

"Y/n how are you feeling?" Diana (I assume) asks.

"Alright, but I need to go home. Thanks for the help, and tell Ruby I'm sorry for me okay?" I walk away. All the way home.