Diverse: Chapter 15

Okay so I think I'm going to start wrapping this up.. Maybe I'll do a thing at the end that's like 5 years after... blah blah blah but stay toned for either Mike or Finn x reader because y'all really liked that stuff.

{y/n POV.}

When we walk into his house his father is at the table reading the newspaper and what not, he doesn't even look up but says "That was crazy Gilbert. Is that girl like your lady friend?"

Gilbert and I exchange a look, and smile. We read each other's mind.

"Yes I am his lady friend." I say, and this causes his dad to put down the newspaper.

"Oh. How are you, Gilbert's 'lady friend'" He asks in a sort of sarcastic manner.

"I'm alright now. It was just exhaustion and hormones." I respond solemnly.

"Alright well I'm going to make sandwiches if you guys want any in about 10 minutes." Gilbert's Dad says as he puts up his newspaper.

Gilbert and I walk up to his room. On his desk/table type thing he lays out a few papers.

"What are those?" I ask, curious.

"These are the papers to get custody of you, and to take down your mother in court. The doctor gave them to me before he left." Gilbert says in a breath.

I walk over a read the papers. There a bunch of written reasons of why my mother isn't good for me and why she should be put away and loose custody.

I look up at Gilbert. Without thinking I kiss him again. I kiss him for a long time. His lips went in sync and this kept going until we heard a cough at the entrance of Gilbert's room. His dad.

"Sorry to interrupt, but sandwiches are ready." His Dad says as we break apart.

We follow Gilbert's Dad down stairs and we join him at their dining room table. His dad hands me a plate and with a turkey sandwich on it.

"Are you okay? Can you not eat meat or something?" Gilbert's Dad, James, asks me.

"No no no. It's not that it's just I don't get food specially made for me at home. I usually get scraps. I'm so thankful." I smile.

After we eat our sandwiches Gilbert and I finish working on the trial to defeat my mother in court. At the around 10 pm we finish.

"Y/n's mother does harsh punishments. She doesn't feed her, forces her to sleep in the barn without blankets or anything, makes her do 12 or more hours of chores, hits her, uses a fire poker on her skin (she has scars) and doesn't treat her right mentally by calling her a "mistake" and "useless" and "ugly". Y/N has been suffering chronically throughout her lifehaving to deal with her mothers abuse and the fact that her father is on his deathbed with a non curable illness called chipanduomonia. Us the Blythe's would treat y/n with respect. We will feed her and give her no chores. She will be fed, and not abused. We can even give her her own room. All we want is for y/n to live a happy life, and were willing to fight for it."

At 10pm Gilbert and I decide that it's not safe to go home because my mother would definitely be angry, so he set me up space in his spare room.