Diverse: Chapter 7

[y/n pov.]

I wake up earlier than I should have. I usually get up at around 6 a.m. to around 6:30 a.m. But today was special! Today I started school. I got up at 4:30 a.m. and started by taking a bath quickly, and when I got out I washed my face and brushed my teeth... After I picked out a really nice dress Gilbert got me. I put it on and it was beautiful. Immediately after I put my hair in two meet dutch braids. I put on my new socks that Gilbert also bought me. Then lastly I put on the shoes. Gilbert also bought me. This is the nicest I have ever looked and I hope I make a good impression on the fellow students!

I'm done getting ready at around 6. So I gather all my school supplies that Gilbert bought me too, and neatly put them together as well as I could. I read some of my book until mother awoken and gave me the chore list. Wow! My mother is going to give me chores before school? How rude.

I read over the list and immediately started my chores so I wouldn't be late to school.

Chores:
Make breakfast
Feed cow
Wash my

Okay so mother is going easy on me for today's chores. I start off by making breakfast I boil carrots and set out glasses of milk for mother, father, and I. I bring up my fathers breakfast to his bed because he is still ill. And then I immediately go out to feed the cow. After that I washed mother's shoes with a rag and soap then finally I'm ready to go. School starts at 750 a.m. and it is currently 7:15 a.m.. so I am ready. When it is 7: 20 I go out to meet Gilbert.

I walk silently to the tree that he told me to meet him at, and to my surprise he is already there. I wave at him and smile, and he does the same.

"So are you ready for school?" He asks as he leads the way.

"Yes, but I'm sort of nervous." I state uneasily.

"Don't worry I have your back." He states as he puts his arm over my shoulder. My heart does a flip.

"Thank you Gilbert! For everything! You have been so kind." I state as we take a left toward the woods.

"Your welcome! I'm glad you appreciate it." He smiles.

We continue walking for about 2 more minutes when I here laughter and chatter and the schoolhouse comes into my view. Gilbert looks at me and he must have noticed my uneasiness so he lifts my chin up and smiles, "Don't be nervous!" he says. I nod and we walk toward the school. Inside he shows me where to put my hat and lunch then he leads me outside to a stream.

"Put your milk I there it will make it cold." He puts his in first as a demonstration. I do the same.

Then we go inside and he offers me a seat next to him. Children my age and older file into the classroom and they all give me looks as they pass by. They must know I'm new. Or maybe Gilbert has talked about me. I shouldn't fantasize stop it y / n!

The teacher walks in later and he seems to not notice me until he starts his lesson.

"Oh! I nearly forgot! We have a new student come on up here Cassie!" Mr. Link says and I uneasily walk toward him. When I finally get up there I'm look over to Gilbert to nods approvingly at me. Mr. link continues, "This is Cassie! Introduce yourself dear." He smiles broadly at me.

" Well my name is actually y/n, and I've lived in this town all my life." I say as confident as I can. There's not much to me. I could mention Gilbert in my introduction, but wouldn't that be weird? I feel like Gilbert is all there is to me. I haven't had much of a life before.

"Oh sorry! I'm not very good with names. Well y / n it's nice to have you here. Tell us more about you please!" Mr. Link asks willingly....

"Well I mostly do chores around the house and I enjoy hanging out with my friend." I say, and flash a look at Gilbert who is smiling.

"Do we know this friend?" asks Mr. Link, and my face turns red, and Gilbert  nods.

"Yes. His name is Gilbert Blythe. He helps me out a lot and I enjoy his company." I explain.

The entire class turns towards Gilbert who smiles. Then a girl with long blonde hairs says "Sounds more like a boyfriend to me." The classroom erupts with laughter. I feel my face heat up. I can't look at Gilbert.

"Her face is even turning read!" Yells a boy with blonde hair. Giggles erupt once again, and this causes my face to go a deeper shade. I can feel Gilbert looking at me, but I can't look back.

"Okay! Okay! Enough! You can take a seat Cassie" Mr. Link says. Its y/n. I think to myself as I take a seat next to Gilbert.

"Hey are you Okay? I'm sorry Josie Pie and Billy are like that..." He whispers. I nod, and listen to Mr. Link. When class is almost over I catch a glance of...

To be continued.