Part 17

I ran into my room, ignoring the camera crew and my father calling out to me that we had an appearance on tv.

I threw myself onto my bed and sobbed. Aries flew over and turned off the lights and snuggled up against me, calming me slightly. I cried myself to sleep.

My dreams that night were full of Adrien and Mari kissing and holding hands and being a cute couple. It only made sense. And I couldn't bare the thought of not having my best friend with me. But it was probably too late. They were both at his house. They probably fell in love. I already knew that Mari liked Adrien and that Chat loved Ladybug.

But why did it work so perfectly for them?

I woke up the next day with puffy red eyes and an dry throat. I walked to the elevator and rode it down to the kitchen. Walking through the intricate hallways, I kept wondering how I could keep my feelings at bay. How could I confront Adrien and Mari after what happe-

"SURPRISE!!" I stumbled backwards. Chloe, my father, Mari, Adrien, Alya, Nino, and everyone else in my grade were all there. Oh yeah! It's my birthday. I looked down at what I was wearing and was relieved that I was wearing anything. I usually sleep in my underwear. Lucky me.

"Morning?" I said. They all laughed and brought out a cake that I had seen Mari's father making in the bakery yesterday. I smiled, despite that Adrien was smiling pointedly at a certain present on the mountain of gifts. Most of the gifts my father would give me I would re-gift or sell or really anything. One person couldn't possibly own so much without going insane. Oh, wait, one could. That one's name is Chloe. I smiled and thanked all of them. We ate cake and I opened their presents (except for Adrien's because he told me not to) and thanked them. Everyone but Adrien left to do their own things and housemaids started to send the gifts up by the cart full. Adrien handed me his and we went to his room (yes, reader-chan, Adrien does stay with you sometimes. You've been best friends since you were 5-6) he smiled and I opened it. It was a high quality pair of white kitty ears and an attachable tail. I giggled. He laughed and handed me the card.

(Y/n),
Thank you so much for being my best friend. I don't know what I would do without you. You're my favorite girl in the world. I know that sounds cheesy, but that's why I'm writing it. I just want things to be the same as before. I don't want anyone, even our alter egos to get in the way of that. Have a great 15th birthday!!
                                       -Adrien

I smiled at him and hugged him.

"I have a question, (Y/n)."

"What?"

"If you put the kitty ears on, I'll tell you." He smiled and I clipped them on my head. (They were clip ones. You can't take your headband off for long anyway) "well, I want to know what Master Fu told you." I blushed and looked down, but told him everything except that I was attracted to the adorable idiot. I looked up to see his mouth wide open.

"No way... So can you actually kill someone with your sword?" He asked, slightly afraid.

I nodded. "I'm not sure how many I could kill at a time. I'll have to ask Aries."

"You're more powerful than me..." I smirked at his words but hid it when he looked over at me.

"Yup. Do you want to play a game or something?"