Part 41

You kissed him. I can't believe you freaking kissed him. You barely even freaking know the guy! But he's magnetic. His smile, his sincerity, his jokes, his morals, and no, I didn't forget his looks, but why would you kiss him without a second thought? Rain clears your mind, it doesn't cover your mind in fog! 

I heard a faint knock on the glass door that leads out onto my balcony. I shook my head and slowly got up. I grabbed my blanket and walked over towards the door, peaking out to see a wet Chat Noir, looking down defeated. 

I opened the door and he detransformed but didn't come in.

"Adrien?" I asked. He didn't say anything but he looked up at me, betrayal in his eyes.

"Adrien are you okay?" I asked again, this time quieter.

He looked down and mumbled something between a 'no' and a 'yes'. I grabbed his wrist and tried to pull him inside, but he didn't budge. He just looked up at me with a confused, angry, worried look.

"Adri-"

"Don't." He said, looking down again.

"Don't what?"

"Don't touch me. Don't say anything. Don't play with my emotions." He said. I looked at him confused.

"How have I been playing with your emotions?" I asked. He looked to his side.

I sighed, took his hand this time, and pulled him inside, putting my blanket around him. He didn't reject it but he didn't really accept it either.

"I thought I told you not to touch me or say anything." He said, halfheartedly, his eyes contradicting his anger.

We stood in the silence of my room and the sounds of thunder from outside my window. It almost sounded like god was backing him up, trying to make me feel guilty for not knowing what I'd done to him. The thunder got continually stronger, louder, and longer. I shivered a bit from the cold.

He looked up at my shaking form. A conflicted look crossed his face and he lifted his hand a bit like he was going to comfort me, but he stopped, his expression hardening.

"How could you?" He asked quietly. "You promised." He sounded more wounded than angry. But he certainly looked angry.

"I-"

"How could you?" He asked, a jealously angry look on his face, but his voice calm and collected. I quivered in fear. Adrien's anger could destroy cities.

"You promised you'd never leave me. I told you I couldn't exist without you, and you still went and kissed a stranger." He didn't raise his voice nor yell at me, but I could feel his words reverberating in my ears, making them ring. 

"You saw-"

"Yes, (Y/n), yes, I did see that. Why'd you go out at night? Why'd you go somewhere alone with a stranger, a boy much less? His parents weren't home, do you realize the danger you were in?" I took a step back. I could see anger and fear behind his eyes and my fear of Adriens anger and the rain pounding holes in the roof of the hotel began to cause my knees to buckle.

"Adrien-" He glared at me and my strength left me, causing me to fall down, hitting my head against the wall. He made a move to help me up or see if I was alright, but stopped himself.

"He could've done anything he wanted with you and you're too weak to have been able to protect yourself!" I shook, and he looked down, his clenched fists loosened a bit. "I - I don't want excuses." he said, his voice toning down a bit.

Thunder cracked and I cowered, pulling my knees into my chest and moving closer to the wall. I started to feel guilty.

Adriens voice was next to me now. "(Y/n), I don't know what to do." He said, hands outstretched to help me. "I don't know how to feel." I hesitantly held out my hand. Another crack of thunder and I was in his arms.

"(Y/n), I love you. Like, love you love you." He said, holding me tighter, every trace of anger that was in his voice before replaced with fear and sincerity. "Please don't leave me."