Chapter 9: Callbacks

Chapter 9

Ross' POV

Saturday July 13th.

Callbacks day.

This was going to be an awesome day.

I agreed with Laura that we would go together, probably to help us deal better with the stress. Everyone likes to have a friend to support them. Plus, we really love each others company.

So I woke up, like every other day and the first thing I did was texting Laur about the day.

RossSo... how you feeling this morning? ;)

A few seconds later, I already had a response.

LauraSurprisingly, really good! You?

And I said...

RossA little stressed, but better than I expected! Ttyl!

Just before I went in the bathroom for a shower, I texted her again.

RossPicking you up at 9 at your house. Be ready;)

For this day, I had to put on something really nice. Give a good impression, you know. I put on a white blouse and a black tie.

Then I went downstairs to have breakfast with the fam.

''Wow! You look really nice!'' Rydel said when she saw me getting in the kitchen.

''Thanks sis!'' I said opening the fridge.

''Dude, you want some pancakes?''

''Sure, thanks'' I answered to Rocky.

We ate breakfast and then I picked up the callbacks invitation and a few stuff I thought I may need, took Mom's car keys and left the house.

''Bye huney! Good luck!''

''Thanks Mom! Love you!''

Since I just had my licence, I could now drive by myself. Now I just needed a proper car, because let's be honest, Mom's car wasn't really what I was looking for. But for now, it was alright.

I drove to Laura's house. It took about 15 minutes. When I got there, I parked the car in the street, and rang the doorbell.

''Laura! You ready?'' I said since she wasn't answering.

''Just come in!'' I heard her scream.

I got in. It wasn't locked. The house was really nice. Beautifully decorated.

''Laura where are you? We need to go or we'll be late!'' I said loud enough so she could hear me across the house.

''I'm upstairs!''

Since I took that as an invitation, I headed upstairs. I walked in the hallway and went to the room I thought the voices were from. I opened the door slowly without making any noise so I wouldn't scare her. I took a look in the room and to my surprise, I saw Laura but she was top less.

''Ross! Oh my gosh!'' She yelled.

''Oh my god Laura! I'm so sorry!!'' I said closing the door as fast as I could.

When the door was closed, I waited for her in the hallway and tried to apologize again.

''Laur I'm really sorry, I really didn't mean to interrupt.''

''It's fine Ross. Just never do that again!''

''I am so sorry! I should have knocked at least!''

''Yeah, you should have.'' She giggled.

''But Laura, hurry or we'll be late!''

''Yeah yeah! I just have to take my hand bag and I'm ready!''

A few minutes later, she got out of the room. She was so flawless.

We got out of the house, she locked it and we went to the car. I didn't want to open her the door because I really didn't want her to think that this was a date or something. I was just picking her up for the auditions. We haven't said anything until she broke the ice.

''You look really good'' She said simply, looking straight in front of her.

''Thank you. You look really good yourself.'' I said with the same tone.

That's all we said during the ride. I had to drive really fast because we were running late, but she never complained.

We arrived at studios, I parked really fast and we almost ran inside. We were already late, and I wanted to get there as fast as possible. I opened the doors to Laura and as soon as we walked in, people seemed to be waiting for us.

''Ross Lynch and Laura Marano. The directors are waiting for you. You guys are going to audition together since you're here.''

''Um okay!'' Laura said, a little shocked.

The guy walked us to a room with a lot more people than at the first audition. They were about fifteen. I had no idea who they were, but I did recognize Kevin and Heath.

''We are so sorry for being late Sir. ''

''Oh it's fine Mr. Lynch! Really happy to see you again! We loved your audition! Nice to meet you Miss Marano!'' Kevin greeted us.

''Nice to meet you all too!'' Laura replied always so polite.

''So since you guys arrived at the same time, we are going to make you guys audition together. We'll give you a script and you'll just have to act it out. Is that okay for you guys?''

''I think that's perfect!'' She said.

She looked at me, and smiled. As soon as I saw her I did too.

*****

''That was awesome!!'' Laura said as soon as we got out.

''It was pretty fun, I have to say! Haha!''

We honestly had so much fun. And Laura was so good! I couldn't believe it! She totally fit the role perfectly!

Laura's POV

Wow! That went so good! I felt so comfortable with Ross around! He fit the role perfectly! I loved acting with him! He was really good! I'm sure the directors loved him!

We got to the car still laughing about everything that happened in that room. From the giggles and the really bad jokes to the really deep moments we acted out really well.

Since it was still pretty early, we went out together to have lunch. We talked about what we wanted to achieve in our lives and what were our plans for the future. While we were eating. A few kids came up to Ross for a picture. They were adorable! Probably big fans of R5. I was myself, a big fan too.

Ross was really nice to those girls. And suddenly, this feeling I had felt earlier came back. That comfortable feeling I felt in the audition room, when I was with him, laughing, and having fun.

I was really happy I met him that night and that we were now really close friends.

But something really foolish suddenly went through my mind.

What if we were maybe more than friends?

_________________________

Hope you really liked this one!

I uploaded really fast because I still feel really bad for not uploading in 3 weeks!

So do you guys want to know why I didn't write about what happened in the audition room? I'm keeping that for the next chapter titled 'The Last Round'!

Stay tuned for the new chapter coming in a few days!

Love always,

Penny