Chapter 23: A New (Boy)Friend?

Chapter 23

Ross' POV

I knock on Laura's front door.

Monday morning.

We haven't seen each other since the concert on Saturday. Since she left suddenly, during our um-, deep make out session.

She opens the door and I walk to her.

"Hey Laur," I leaned in and reached her lips.

"Ross! What are you doing!?" She screamed.

What?

"Um-, I thought-, the concert, I mean, you know-, after the concert-, we-" I blurred.

"Ross! That was a one-time thing! We're not going out or anything!"

Are you kidding me!?

"Laura! Are you kidding me!?" I said, closing her door, and getting in her house. "You kissed me for like 10 minutes, without even stopping, and you just tell me that was just a one-time thing!?"

"Yeah! What did you think it was!?"

"Laura!! I like you!" I said, raising my voice. After a few seconds, I realised that it wasn't exactly what I wanted to tell her. At least not now. "I thought it meant something to you like it did to me."

"Oh." She let out. "I-, I didn't know Ro-"

"Look, I'm sorry, I just can't-" I blurred, getting out of her house. She was going to have to find another ride to go to work.

***

"So this way, the fans will want even more Austin and Ally together."

The meeting with the publicists was going well until Alexandra started talking of our public relationship status.

"Wait," I started. "So you're telling me that we'll get more viewers if Laura gets a boyfriend that is not me?"

"Yes. Since, it won't be you, Ross, fans will want Austin and Ally together even more. Then, they'll want you two together," She said, looking at me and Laura. "Which will bring more viewers because they'll want to see all the Auslly and the Raura scenes."

That was really confusing.

"Look, it's really simple. Laura, you need to get a boyfriend, the sooner the better, that isn't Ross, obviously. Now, you don't need to really love him. It's only for publicity, the cameras." She stated. "Ross, you just act normal. Although, it would be even better, if you would act jealous of Laura's boyfriend, you know what I mean?"

Of course I knew what she meant. I wasn't even going to have to act for that.

"Sure."

"This is really weird for me, Alexandra. And what will I say to the guy? Do I tell him it's all fake?"

"Nonono! He can't know anything! You just act like it's all real. And maybe, you'll even start having real feelings for him after a while."

"Like that ever gonna happen." She sarcastically said.

Now, I knew she didn't like this weird plan either.

"Okay, well, um-, we're done with the meeting. Thank you for your time."

We walked out of the room and both headed to our own dressing room.

"Laura! So what did they say?" Raini said as soon as she saw Laura.

"Nothing important. But I'm sorry I have to go. School is starting today."

"Erh, bummer."

"Oh I'm actually excited! It'll be fun!"