Chapter 17: Celebration Dinner

Chapter 17

Ross' POV

I sat at the huge table. There was literally like 10 seats. I took a seat next to Laura and Vanessa was beside Riker. Um...

"First, let's make a toast to Ross and Laura for their new job starting... soon I guess, at Disney! Congrats you two! We're really happy for you and we can't wait to see your work!! Congratulations!"

Everyone drank out of their glass.

"Thank you!" I said.

"Ross, do you know exactly when you guys are starting work?" Mom asked him.

"Yeah, the directors emailed me yesterday,'' I started. “Laura didn't get it because I guess they were still figuring out who was going to get the role."

I hope I was being good at this acting thing because no one could know.

"So what did it say?" Dad asked.

"We're meeting everyone this Monday and we're rehearsing and stuff all week and Friday we're going to the studio recording songs and the week after, same thing but on Friday we're filming the first episode."

"That's great!" He said.

"Laura, you knew all of that?" Mom asked her.

"Yeah, actually Ross told me the whole thing upstairs earlier." She said.

Ell then asked, "And the week after that, are going to film the second episode?"

"Um, you, yeah you, could you pass me the chicken please." I heard Vanessa interrupt.

"I'm Ryland by the way," He said as he passed the plate to her.

"Oh it's true!! Vanessa I'm so sorry! You probably don't know anyone here!'' She exclaimed. "Guys, please introduce yourselves!"

"Well I do know Ross, obviously, and um, Riker and of course you, Stormie," She said as she gently looked at my Mom. That was a side of Vanessa I never had seen.

"Well I'm Mark. These guys' dad,'' Dad started.

"I'm Rydel, the sister," She said with her usual laugh.

"I'm Rocky, and that's Ryland, the little brother, oh and he's not in the band."

"Dude! I can introduce myself! And 'the little brother'? Really? Could've gave me something cooler!"

Vanessa laughed. I looked at Riker.

''And I'm the best friend, Ellington. Aka Ratliff if you want. I'm not related to these crazy kids but I'm in the band." He said smiling and her.

"That's great!"

Wow! Could Vanessa really be this nice and joyful?

"Dude, you kind of never answered my question.'' Ell noticed.

Right.

"Sorry bro, what was your question again?"

''The third week, you're probably going to film the second episode and so on...?"

''No that's not how it works. The show has to get picked up by Disney Channel first, you know, to know if it'll get good ratings when it'll be on TV," I explained.

*****

Laura was in my room now that we had finished eating. There was nothing to do, really, but we were talking and I decided to grab my guitar. She noticed and said "Play me something." Just like that, so simply.

I played a few notes before starting singing. She looked intrigued.

"Hey Laura! Your sister looked like a really mad person when I first met her,

Yeah! But then, when she met my brother, she changed a little.

This song is really dumb, but I think Riker has a thing for your sister."

She started laughing so hard. I didn't even know humans could laugh this loud and so much. She was crying and she couldn't breathe anymore. I mean that was a pretty funny song, wasn't it?

"Hahahahaha! Ross!! What the hell was that!?? Hahaha! Oh God!"

And she laughed, and laughed, and laughed. She was just so hilarious. So I started laughing too. Then, we heard someone knocking. We immediately stopped laughing. Laura went to open the door. I saw Riker's face first, then Vanessa's appeared.

"What the hell is going on here!?" He said.

Laura looked at me. We stared at each other for like 3 seconds and we ultimately cracked up again. Their faces were priceless, wondering ‘What the hell are they doing??’  I was just so hilarious.

"Whatever" I heard Vanessa mumbled. They both left the room and we cracked up all over again. Then I really felt like we clicked. And I realized they were right the whole time.

We have chemistry. 

______________________

Heeey!!

Sorry for the really short chapter! Hope you still liked it!

Next one in a few days! And it's going to get REAL! <3 Hint: It's the first Austin & Ally meeting with all the cast and crew.

Question: Do you guys like the new cover? I felt like it made the story look more serious!

So as always,

Xoxo,

Penny