Chapter 16: Good News

Dedicated to @oanaoanna00 

Chapter 16

A Week Later...

Laura's POV

I heard my phone ringing in my back pocket. 

''Hello?''

''Hi Miss Marano! This is Kevin Kopelow, from Disney!''

''Of course! Hi! But-, why are you calling me?''

''I wanted to announce you something!''

''Really!? What is it?''

I still had no idea what he was going to announce. 

''The actress that was initially supposed to play Ally declined the role.'' 

Oh. My. God.

''It's now all yours!! Welcome to the Disney family Laura!''

OH. MY. GOD. 

''Really!!?? I can't believe it!! Seriously? Wow! I'm so happy! Thank you so much Sir!!''

''Our pleasure Laura! We are looking forward to working with you!''

''Me too!! Thank you so much again!'' I said -again. 

''See you soon!''

''You too!''

I was literally freaking out! That was the most amazing thing EVER! How was it even possible!? I had to tell Ross! I dialed his number and waited. 

Ross' POV

My phone suddenly started ringing.

''Hi?''

''Oh my God Ross you won’t be-lieve who just called me! He said the girl declined the role! Do you what that means!? We’ll be working together! Isn't that the most awesome thing!??''

''With what you just said, I'm assuming this is Laura. Hi you too! It's great talking to you after another week with no news from you. I'm great, thanks!''

''Hi Ross! How are you! I'm really sorry you haven't heard from me. Hope you didn't miss me too much!''

''Please! It's not like I have been thinking about you all week!'' I told her. 

Maybe a little bit rude. But she couldn't know I was wondering what she was doing all week. Or was I being a little too obvious?

''Haha! Hope so!'' Then, she got all excited again. ''But that's not the point, Ross!! I got the role!! They called me literally a second ago!''

''Laura! That's amazing!! I can't believe it! We'll be working together! Isn't that everything we wanted?''

I had to sound excited even though I already knew and even though it was planned. 

''Haha! You make it sound like the end of a chick flick!'' She remarked. 

And she was kind of right. I had to act normally. 

''You're right! Haha! But Laura, that's still amazing!''

''It is!! I'm so excited to start working together!''

''Me too! It's really going to be awesome! I'm so happy for you Laur!''

''Oh God, Ross! Did she get the role!?'' I heard from the kitchen. It was Mom.