Chapter 31: Long Time No See

Chapter 31

Riker’s POV

“Ross! What the fuck are you doing here!?”

He looked at me as shocked and confused as I was. What good reason could have brought him here in the first place? Laura? I thought they were just friends though…

“I could ask you the same thing.” He said. “And why are you in your boxers?”

Well he was right. We would both had to explain anyways.

“Vanessa and I came back at 2am last night, and she wanted me to stay for the night.”

He gave me a look. “Are you guys like going out or something…?”

I thought of last night’s kiss-, make out session actually. Although I have a crush on her, we’re still friends, and we’ll always be. I wouldn’t let a kiss come in between what we have.

“No, we’re friends. Really, really good friends.” I smiled. “What about you and Laura, dude?”

“We went to her school dance last night together, and um, well-. Let’s just say a lot of things happened.”

“Dating…?”

“No, more like… Going out as more that friends.”

“Did something happen last night…?”

“Oh no. I brought her home and she wanted me to stay with her for the night. So I did.”

Well, when you think about it, we almost had the same evening. Although, I got to have a really heated make out session with my beautiful Vanessa. I doubt Ross had a kiss as heated with Laura.

Ross’ POV

I walked downstairs and joined Laura who was starting breakfast. I put my hands on her hips from behind and kissed her cheek.

“Good morning.”

“Ross, my Mom is here.” She whispered.

Shit.

I turned around and saw sitting at the kitchen table, looking at me.

“Hi Mrs. Marano.” I smiled awkwardly.

“Hi Ross!” She smiled back. “Laura, you didn’t tell me you guys were together now.”

I looked at Laura. She was a little embarrassed and kept looking from me to her Mom.

“Well, um, last night we,” she looked at me again. She needed help, so I cut her off.

“Yes, we’re going out, Mrs. Marano.” I told her as I put my arm around Laura.

“Aww, I’m really happy for you guys!” She told us.

Well, that was a relief.

***

Laura’s POV

Ross and I decided we would go for a walk in Santa Monica to get away from everything. It was really sunny today and the sun on my shoulders felt amazing. We walked down to the beach and in the water, holding each other’s hand.

“Laur, remember what you said last night?” He asked me.

“Perfectly.”

“Did you really mean it, because I thought about it a lot last night and it kept me up really late, and the thought of you saying all those things made me really happy but concerned at the same time you know-” He rambled.