Chapter 15

* Alex's POV* 

I never knew it was possible to feel so empty. Without her, it's like the sun has lost its warmth, like the earth has stopped turning and I will forever be stuck in this never ending pit of my own personal hell. It has been three months, and in that three months all of my demons have come back to haunt me. Her best friend Max showed up at her funeral, he loved her and I knew it. At the time I didn't want to admit it, but he was better for her. He could keep her safe, as where I just put her in danger. 

"Alex.." Autumn puts her hand on my shoulder breaking me from my thoughts. 

"Hmmm" I sigh out not really wanting to be bothered by anyone. 

"You haven't eaten, you need to eat, and maybe not drink as much whisky" 

"Since when have you became my mother?" 

"Okay that's it I'm sick of being nice, Miranda wouldn't want you to be sitting around here throwing a pity party. She's gone and she isn't coming back. You not eating and getting drunk all the time isn't bringing her back. If anything it's making her upset. If she could see you now, she'd be kicking your ass all over this house. So stop acting like you are the only one that lost her." She yells with tears going down her face and she walks out slamming the door to my room.

'you are a cold hearted person you have killed people, she's just a girl you'll get over it' I think and I sit up and take a shower. I get dressed and go downstairs and grab my gun and my jacket. I drive around town a bit just trying to think things through. I leave the gun in the truck and go into a club that Josh and I used to go to.

A few hours later I am a bit drunk and I pick up some girl and take her home with me. We go up to my room ignoring the looks from Josh and Caleb, not sure where the girls are. The rest is a blur. 

I wake up looking at the clock '12:48PM'. I feel arms around me, i look over at the girl that i brought home. She's pretty, I think I'll keep her around, until I get bored. She wakes up and smiles up at me a bit. I kiss her deeply knowing now I will finally get over Miranda. 

*Miranda's POV* 

I didn't think it was possible to want to be in someone's arms so much. I miss Alex, I miss my friends. I miss a lot of things but most of all I miss my freedom. I haven't seen the sun in three months. I miss running around barefoot in the grass, going to waterparks, believe it or not I miss school. 

Adam tries to get me to talk to him, key word there 'tries'. I haven't said a word other than when he first brought me here. I begged him not to lock me in this underground bunker. I am currently reading the complete works of Edgar Allan Poe, waiting for Adam to come back with food. I must have drifted off to sleep while reading because I wake up to him nudging me awake. I groan and swipe his hand away. 

"Come on Miranda you need to eat" He sighs for some reason this comment really pisses me off. 

"You kidnap me, fake my death, keep me in a bunker of some sort with no windows, so I'm more than likely lacking vitamin D, you haven't let me shower, I have to use water bottles to wash off, and you keep me locked in here alone most of the time. But you are worried that I will starve or be under nourished... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?" I yell and he gets really mad. I get off the couch and back up from him until he grabs my wrist and squeezes really hard. I wince and yelp it hurting, he finally lets go not saying anything. He leaves and locks me in here. 

"What a gentleman" I sigh and sit on the couch. I feel so gross, not being able to shower is really nasty. I grab the bag and look inside and it's chinese food. Well at least he gives me good food. I eat and get sleepy after a while and fall asleep on the couch.

I wake up in a bed in a room... that isn't in the bunker. Wait I remember this room. We are at Max's house!! I get up and open the door and rush down the stairs to find him and Adam talking at the kitchen table. I hug Max from behind and he turns around and hugs me. I know he is apart of this but for some reason he makes me feel safe. 

"Okay you can have all the hugs you want, but go take a shower first" He chuckles. 

I nod and go upstairs knowing where everything is because I was kept here for about three weeks. I shower and wrap up in a towel and run over to my 'room' and get dressed. I come back downstairs and watch TV with them. Yes I know I should be trying to get away, but I can't. Adam put a chip in the back of my neck, he knows where I am at, all the time. We are watching the news until one familiar face pops up. Alex is in the background of a video with some blond hung around him and he kisses her deeply. 

"This lovely couple behind me is sure enjoying the new year's celebration." The story ends. My mind races with all the different possibilities. Maybe it wasn't him, he couldn't be over me that fast could he? Was Max right? I go upstairs to my room and go into the closet and find my old bag from three months ago knowing it had my phone and a charger in it. I plug it in so they won't see it and I wait anxiously for it to turn on hoping I still have service. Thankfully someone is still paying my phone bill, maybe to listen to my voice on my voicemail. 

I scroll down to find Autumn and I go to text her when Adam and Max walk in tackling me and throwing my phone away. Adam pulls out a syringe and jabs my thigh. I scream because that fucker hurt like a bitch and it isn't long before I pass out. 

I was so close, but do if they do find me, could I face the truth that Alex had moved on.

*9 months later* 

*Autumn's POV* 

I'm rudely interrupted by my phone going off. It's three AM who the hell? Miranda's photo flashes with her name on the screen. 

"Josh JOSH!!" I yell and wake him up and he see's it and clicks the accept button. 

"I'm not dead please you guys have to find me before he kills me, Adam took me..." Then a scream erupts from the other end of the phone before the line goes dead we hear a male voice "You little bitch, you think you can run? You'll pay for that one". 

I look at Josh in disbelief. Could she really be alive? 

*A/N I am so sorry it has taken me so long to update, things have been crazy. I will try to update more, now that I am over my writers block.*