Chapter 16

*Autumns POV*
I'm driving over to my parents house to drop off the baby for a bit so we can go find Miranda. I can't believe she is alive. Olivia wasn't pregnant it was a hysterical pregnancy. Josh is getting Caleb and a few of the other guys ready but no one is telling Alex. Not yet anyway, and he is getting ready to get married tomorrow. He moved on way to fast

We head over to the airport where Miranda's dad meets us. He has a private airplane that we all get on and get comfy and fly off to find Miranda. When we land we get in the car he rented. We put pillows and blankets in the trunk of the SUV. We also have food, pain killers, a first aid kit, water. We track Miranda's phone and drive there.

"Please Craig stay out here and wait for us to bring her out" josh says to Miranda's dad. He nods and sits there. We go in and see Max and Caleb and Olivia gun him down, Max looks at me.

"She's in the basement.." he looks sadly.

Caleb and josh go down first and Adam is on top of Miranda who's passed out and he is holding her throat. I tackle him off her pointing my gun at him. He flips us over grabbing my gun. Josh shoots him in the side of the head kicking him off me and he shoots him 7 more times until I grab his arm. He picks Miranda up and takes her outside.

"Caleb get Max bring him with us." Josh takes her and sits in the grass. "Come on Miranda please be okay please wake up" he hugs her close and her dad holds her hand. I swear if I didn't know any better then I'd worry about josh cheating on me with her. They are like siblings, Miranda helped him through so much I couldn't.

We lay her in the trunk of the car where we have tons of pillows and blankets so she'll be comfy. We sit there for a while not wanting to leave until she wakes up. She's breathing and her pulse is good, so it's just a matter of time until she wakes up. We all wait for Miranda to wake up hoping she's okay. It's not like we can just go to a hospital, she's supposed to be dead. A bit later Miranda lets out a small groan and looks around immediately starting to cry, she hugs her dad then hugs me and josh.

"Caleb, Liv get over her" I smile a bit and they come over. After the 15 min hug Caleb gets up from with Olivia and we drive to the airport. All of us are dreading the ride home knowing Miranda will ask about Alex. We give her some pain killers and some water and a fresh change of clothes and Caleb carries her into the plane and she sits in a chair.

*Joshs POV*

Thankfully she has been asleep for a while, but eventually she'll wake up and she'll ask. We can't tell her it'll break her. She has the tattoo and she has been sworn in, there is no way she can leave the gang. The only other alternative is death, the bad part is I think she'd consider it. It's going to be a crazy love triangle the ex with oh what's her name? Ehh I don't care, and with Alex the stupid asshole that's crazy enough to pull something stupid and hurt Miranda. He touches her I'll kill him and that's a promise.

Max explained what he was doing we all understand and are fine with him, I don't think Alex will see it the same way, he threatened Max that he'd kill him if he didn't stay away from Miranda. Hopefully because Alex isn't dating her anymore it won't be the same, but I know it will be. He's going to kill him. Even if he has to kill Miranda to get to him.

Miranda wakes up and looks around, e occupied by giving her food more meds water and asking her how she is if she needs anything.  But eventually she looks at us

"hey guys where's Alex?" My heart sinks and no one says anything just looking at our laps.

She looks down mo in the food away and she curls back up in the chair her back to us and she covers up. Her dad rubs her arm and we hear slight sniffles. After the long flight we finally reach the airport, we all get out and get in our cars. Miranda's dad goes home and she gets in our car and we drive, she has her earbuds in looking out the window. Silent tears fall every now and then and I can tell her mind is going a million miles a minute. Autumn asks her mom if she'll watch the little one for a little bit longer and of course it's not a problem autumns grandma is there spoiling her, can't believe she's almost 3. We pull up and Alex comes out with a cigarette in his mouth, one hand a gun the other a half empty bottle of whisky. We look at him and he clearly doesn't see Miranda.