Chapter 17

*Alex's POV*

I wake up and look around not seeing Lydia. I get up going to Miranda's room not seeing her. Great what the fuck happened. I walk around the house finding Lydia in the kitchen in my shirt and a pair of yoga shorts. She turns around and for a moment I see Miranda instead of her.

I blink a few times and see Lydia, I hug her and kiss her gently. She giggles and looks up at me.

"So did you tell her?" She asks knowing about the rules.

"Yea last night, um have you seen her?"

"Nope I walked past her room to go into the closet to get new towels her shoes were gone and so was she." I nod taking a bite of her cereal and i grab my jacket. "You need to eat"

I chuckle "I will eat when I find her, she knows the rules and she broke them" I grab my keys and see Josh. "You may want to text your bitch of a baby sister that I'm coming to find her."

"What are you talking about? She's gone?"

"Wait you didn't know she left?" I ask. He shakes his head no and tries to call her.

"Where the hell are you Miranda? Call me back please." He hangs up and he looks at me. "Please don't hurt her, she has been gone for close to 3 years. Seeing that you moved on was a lot for her. Knowing her she's probably in a tree somewhere listening to music trying to figure things out and get her head in order. She's scared Alex and you aren't helping." He walks away before i can say anything. I roll my eyes at his comment going to my car trying to track her phone.

I search all day not finding her or her phone getting more and more pissed by the hour. For some odd reason I think I'm worried, that if I don't find her something will happen to her again. I want her where i can keep an eye on her, even if she means nothing to me.

I get back to the house around 11:30 pm and see everyone in the kitchen in a circle around something, Lydia is surprisingly there. She never is in the group unless they are all hiding something from me.

"What's going on here?" Josh looks up and comes over pissed and he shoves me.

"Why do you have to find a way to screw everything up?!? May I remind you that you loved her, she was everything to you, you did everything you could to protect her and now you go and pull this!!"

"What the hell are you talking about?" I shove him off me.

"Ordering her around, telling her she'll be alone, she can't have anyone. You moved on, why can't she?! You never deserved her, you're the reason she got taken!" I look at him.

"How do you know about that?"

"Max called me." My blood starts boiling when he says that name.

"She's with Max" I storm out and drive to his hotel knowing where he is at and I bang on the door. He opens the door shirtless with messy hair his tattoos exposed.

"Where is she?" I say with a clenched jaw. He chuckles.

"Why would I tell you, she was only there for like 16 hours before you fucked up. Do you not understand how much he messed her up? No you don't, you don't even know what she went through, I was there for her, I saw what he did to her. I know how much she's trying to act like she's fine. You don't care about her, you don't deserve her you never did. You aren't good for her."

It hurts like hell hearing him say those things, again i don't know why because i don't care.

"I promised you if you went anywhere near her i would kill you, and i don't break my promises."

"Yes you do..." Miranda's small voice pipes up. I go into the room and max shuts the door and she's on the bed curled up in blankets.

"You promised me you'd always love me and that you'd always keep me safe." I look at her an she looks numb. No emotions showing whatsoever. "I know why he took me, he told me why. You're a monster"

I look at her and grab her arm pulling her up roughly. "Lets go."

"No you won't take her. You have your wife, she chose me over you. I won Alex, and you lost an amazing girl." I punch him and shove him into the wall so his head hits the wall pretty hard. Successfully knocking him out I grab her arm pulling her to my car throwing her in the passenger seat giving her a warning glare.

I drive home and we sit in the driveway for a moment.

"You broke 3 rules, what do you think i should do?" I ask not looking at her. Its silent for a few moments.

"Kill me" She says with no emotion or anything. I look at her to see if she's serious and she looks at me handing me the gun.

She hops out of the car and goes into the woods, I follow her not knowing how to handle her answer. I know I said I'd kill her but I didn't think she'd be stupid enough to test the theory.

*Miranda's POV*

Eventually stops pretty deep into the woods and I sit on a log looking at my finger where the ring Alex gave me used to be.

"I'm glad you found someone you're happy with" I look up at him and close my eyes and he pulls the trigger.

*Josh's POV*

I look outside seeing Alex's car but he isn't there. Then the next thing we hear is a gun shot. What the hell did he just do? I run out of the house and run into the woods trying to figure out where the gun shot came from when I hear Miranda's scream.

"No... please Alex don't.."