Chapter 19

*Alex's POV*

She didn't answer my texts or calls.. I mean i did just shoot her best friend but she needs to understand that i am her leader and she won't ignore me. She comes walking down the hall tears in her eyes and she looks at Josh and Autumn while shaking her head. Josh runs and hugs her picking her up and she cries, Autumn goes over and rubs her back hugging her while holding Rachel.

She comes over to me and starts beating on my chest while crying. 

"I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU" Miranda repeats over and over until i grab her wrists and look at her. She looks up at me, i have never seen her eyes look so sad and broken before. 

She pulls away going into a room and shuts the door she comes out  while later with a bag and a pillow. She has on Max's jacket with the hood pulled up. She talks to a doctor for a bit then comes over to us. 

"I'm coming home for a bit" she says her voice cracking. We all go out to our cars and Miranda is the first one to pull out. we all get to the house and she goes inside grabbing lydia by the throat and pinning her to the wall. Lydia claws at Miranda's arms but Miranda is a bit shorter so she can't scratch her face. 

I grab miranda by her throat with one hand and take my other hand to get her hands off Lydia's throat. I drag her to the basement and throw her onto the floor. I look at her pissed and grab her throat and start to squeeze a bit then let go not being able to hurt her. I grab her and shove her to the ground and break her leg. Her screams eco off the cement walls. Josh comes down and looks at me then her. He punches me in the face and grabs her taking her upstairs taking her to the clinic down the street so she can get her leg in a cast. They come back Miranda in a wheelchair. I'm on the couch holding a sleeping lydia. 

Josh helps miranda upstairs to her room getting her settle in and caleb goes in to keep her company. Olivia's gone on a vacation with her family. I come up after laying lydia in bed watch both of them play uno attack. Caleb gets frustrated when she wins. 

"Fourth time in a row you're God" Caleb says and she chuckles. 

"Lots of years of practice with alex. i had to get good or he'd always win." 

I chuckle and they both look up at me.  Caleb looks at me "leave her alone." he growls out. 

"remember whos gang you're in. mine not hers You still answer to me not her." i warm and leave calling some of my guys.

*Miranda's POV* 

I sit upstairs in my wheelchair looking out the window, it is currently 4:16 AM and no one is awake but alex isn't back yet. About an hour later i hear the front door open and slam shut and someone stomp up the stairs and go to the room right next to mine. Must be Alex, I sit there and eventually get in bed and curl up in the blankets trying to sleep. I get rudely awoken by Alex and Lydia screaming at each other, i roll and look at the clock, 7:43AM. It goes on for a while and i try to block it out before screaming. "knock it off already people are trying to sleep!" I roll over and it gets quiet, thank the lord. I start drifting back to sleep when i hear my door open and lydia comes in with a ring on a necklace chain and throwing it at me. 

"You won hope you're happy!" she storms out and i sit up looking at the ring wincing a bit my leg throbbing. Josh kept my pills because he didn't know what i would do. I bite my lip trying to deal with the pain not knowing Alex is standing in the doorway until i look up to grab my phone. He looks at me then looks down and walks away. I call Josh because hes on the other side of the house. 

"hello? everything okay?" he answers

"Can you bring my pills up please im dying." I yelp when my muscle spasms.

"on my way" He hangs up and a moment later he comes in with orange juice and my pills. i take the pills and sit there.

*Six weeks later* 

I just got out of the doctors office, they put a walking cast around my ankle because it's still not healed and the rest of my leg is wrapped with ace bandages and a brace. I get in the car with alex because he had to drive me, rachael had an appointment today to. 

"You ready?" he asks a bit awkwardly. 

I nod and sit there pulling out my phone and getting ready to put my earbuds in.

"Hey im kinda hungry, want to stop and get lunch?" He asks.

"Um sure." We haven't talked since Lydia threw the ring and left. She also hasn't been back since that day. Alex went on a small rampage and him and josh got into a fight because Alex almost hit me. 

He drives for a bit and we pull into an olive garden, he has to be planning something. We used to come here all the time when we were dating. I look at him for a second then he parks the car and gets out and comes over to my side opening the door and helping me out. I look up at him as he holds my hips, he lets go and looks away closing the car door. We go inside getting a table I go to the bathroom and by the time i get out he ordered our food and drinks already. They come and i chuckle. 

"you remember" i look at him and he nods.

"you ordered the same thing every time we came here, you're a bit predictable." he chuckles and i nod and sit there in silence. 

My phone rings and i answer it. i cover my mouth and a few tears fall.

I hang up and look at Alex.

"I need to go to the hospital..." My voice cracks and i look down and sniffle.