Chapter 18

*Josh's POV*

I see alex standing there his gun on the ground. I run up to a crying miranda and alex has no emotion.

"Are you hurt? Where did he hurt you? What happened?" Im freaking out because she has blood all over her.

"H He shot Max" She chokes out and i realize max is laying on the ground holding his side. I grab my phone calling Autumn.

"Get out to the back now" I hang up and miranda took off Maxs belt and put her hoodie against the wound and tightened it around him. Alex is just standing there and he looks hurt and pissed. He just walks away, not saying a word. She grabs the gun as I pick up max.

"Don't Miranda" Max weakly says and we walk to the house where an ambulance is waiting. Miranda hides the gun and gets in my SUV and follows the ambulance.

After a long 48 hours she comes home to get some clothes and things to take up to the hospital. Alex is sitting on the couch, and he smirks slightly at her and she gets beyond pissed.

She pulls the gun out pointing it at him. "You always were a terrible shot." He mocks and Mirana points it at Lydia.

"If he dies, she dies." Miranda spats and goes upstairs to get things together then comes back down with a duffle bag over her shoulder and a pillow.

"Hey i can drive you up there if you want." I grab her wrist gently.

"It's okay, i can drive." she looks up at me and i can tell she's tired. She walks out going back to the hospital.

*Miranda's POV*

I sit in the car watching the rain pour down onto the windshield thinking about everything. A few tears go down my cheeks, I wipe them away and go into the hospital going up to Max's room. He's in a coma, thankfully nothing was seriously damaged but he is still not doing good. I put the bag on the floor laying my pillow on top of it. I sit on the couch they brought in for me. I grab his hand holding it rubbing my thumb over it. I get comfy cuddled up in my blanket and i hold his hand until I drift off to sleep.

~Dream~

Josh and Alex are arguing while Autumn and I are trying to get them apart. Alex turns around and backhands me and knocks me off balance.I lay on the floor holding my cheek trying not to cry but it hurts so much.

He sits on my stomach and I try to fight him off as he grabs my neck.

"Alex don't get off her!" Josh yells, but doesn't try to get alex off because if he does Alex could squeeze and crush my airway.

I have both of my hands around his arm looking at him. He gets off me helps me up then grabs my arm taking me to his car and he shoves me in the backseat and locks the doors until he gets in.

"Where are you taking me Alex?" I ask in a bit of a panic.

"Till death do us part remember" He smirks and i look at my hand having a wedding ring and a band on it.

I look up at him as his eyes are fixed on the road ahead of him. "You wanted to get married to that piece of shit, well you'll end up in the same place he is." He says with clenched teeth.

"W what, you're the one that made him go missing?" I cover my mouth.

"Yep, and then forced you to marry me, see how that worked? You killed lydia so i killed max. You want him, i get you. You gave me a son I'll raise to be like me, and you'll rot in the dirt next to Max." He abruptly stops and I hit the back of the passenger seat.

He gets out grabs my arm and a backpack, pulling me out and he drags me along with him through the woods then gets to a cliff.

"See that dark hoodie and sweatpants down there? That's his body, he was alive until you had the baby. Then he started trying to escape and tried to attack me. He has only been down there for about a week or so" He shoves me to me knees right on the edge. He grabs a rope from the backpack then ties it to a tree that's pretty close to the edge.

"Now it's simple, hold onto the rope and try to climb back up if you let go of the rope or slip, you die." He hands me the rope and shoves me off the edge.

I scream out closing my eyes not liking highs and have an extreme fear of falling, but still hold onto the rope but i have the very end of it.

"Alex please don't do this pull me back up." I call up to him close to tears. I try to swing my legs to climb up the side but, I'm not close enough because there is a big lip on the edge.

He smirks down at me and starts cutting the rope and I look up at him and i let go.

I jolt awake looking around and I see Max laying there. I sigh running my hands through my hair, my phone light so up and a few texts show up from Alex. This might be a bad idea but I turn my phone off putting it in my hoodie pocket and lay back on the couch picking at my nails. I must have drifted off to sleep because I was awoken abruptly by Max's machines going off and the nurses and dr rush in shoving me out of the room. I go to the waiting room and they rush him into another surgery.

After an hour or so I start getting upset so I call Josh. It goes to voicemail not surprising it's 3:30 in the morning.

"Hey josh I know it's late or too early but when you get this can you call me... or come down to the hospital with autumn and the little one." I hang up and sit there looking at my lap.

Around 7 am Josh, autumn, and Rachel walk in, i stand up while they all hug me I sniffle and hug back. Alex walks in looking a bit lost, i look up at him then at josh.

"Why'd you bring him." I whisper

"he wouldn't let us go unless he came" he whispers back.

The doctor comes over to get another family, i get slightly excited seeing her come over but get upset again when she calls the other family. Alex comes over looking at me i look up at him then go sit back down.

An hour goes by and the doctor comes out with the surgeon looking at me with a sympathetic smile and exhausted eyes.

"Would you follow us to the conference room please? We need to discuss some things about Max."