Chapter 4/5

It turns out that sectionals were the next weekend and they only needed to be there a week and a half. Jace was determined to leave before then. He had suggested to Alec that they go looking for the disturbance. That plan had been ripped to shreds by the arms that pushed them down the hallway towards, what he could only assume, was the glee room.

Alec looked at Jace, and Jace at Alec. They were still on a job, looking at everything, thinking everything was a possible threat until proven otherwise. Neither of the liked the way this was going. Alec hated anything that could possibly bring him negative attention, like singing. And Jace, though he loved attention, did not know any of these people and was not about to make a fool out of himself in front of anyone but his family.

As they got closer and closer to the room, they heard the music.

Tonight, we are young So lets set the world on fire We can burn brighter than the sun

Jace raised his eyebrows as they got pulled into the room and took in what they saw. A guy wearing a sweater vest with his hair drowned in gel was singing. He had a very nice voice, Jace noted. There was another boy dancing around, his body flowing effortlessly with the music. He was facing the small crowd of people who were seated in chairs along the back wall. Jace looked at Alec to silently ask him what they were doing there, but he could not get his parabatais eye. Alec attention was focused solely on the dancing boy, whose face was still unseeable, with furrowed was then that the boy turned, and Jace saw Alec's face go slack with realization, his mouth hanging open.

Jace saw Alec's reaction before he turned to see what he was gawking at, and a confused, surprised, amused sound came out of his mouth. It wasn't loud, but loud enough to catch their attention. Most of the student in the seats glanced quickly at them before turning their gazes back to the hair gel boy and the dancing guy. Except the guy was no longer dancing, he had fallen back in shock, knocking over a guitar and making the room go dead silent. Some of the kids looked at the no longer nameless boy, and some looked at what he was starring at. An asian girl and a boy wearing something that you would find in Magnus' closet ran over to help him up, but he didn't register them. He was staring at a face that was unreadable. Jace looked back and forth between his brother and his brothers boyfriend with a concerned, confused look. Alec's face was void of any describable emotion, he was completely blank with his mouth open.

"Mike! Are you ok?" The punk asian asked him.

"Woah, Mike, are you alright? What happened?" An older man came closer to 'Mike'. Alec would have presumed he was the teacher if Alec could think.

"Mike? Mike? Hello?" said the boy who came over to him.

"Alexander," He breathed out. It was so rushed that you could hardly make out what he said, that is unless you already knew what he was saying. If you had heard it a thousand times before from those lips. Those familiar lips.

No! Alec shook himself out of it. Right now he wanted to smack the stunned look off of his face. What the hell was Magnus, the High Warlock of Brooklyn, his boyfriend, doing in a glee club in a high school in Lima, Ohio. And why didn't he tell him. He had said he was going away for a few days on business, that should have been Alec's first clue. Magnus could go to Japan for the day for business and then come back to sleep in his own bed, the one he shared with Alec, then wake up and do it all over again.

The room was still silent, most of the people looking confused, the rest still bore a concerned expression. Mike usually wasn't like this. Magnus usually wasn't like this. He always knew what to say.

It was then that the teacher seemed to notice the two stragglers that some of his kids had brought with them, "Oh, Hi, uh, can I help you?" He asked.

"We brought them to watch us rehearse so they could decide weather they wanted to join or not, but after that little failure.." The Latina cheerleader said.

"Santana, thats enough. We all fumble sometimes, thats what this club is for, to help pick you back up." Mr. Schue said, then he turned to Alec and Jace, "So you two thinking about joining?"

Alec couldn't handle this, people were asking him questions and acting like everything was fine and normal when he had just caught his boyfriend with another secret. He didn't how hard it was for him to breath until he heard the loud gasps coming from his mouth. He had to get out of there, away from the eyes, away from the questions, and, right now, away from the still stunned warlock.

Jace was going to go after his parabatai, but he thought it best just to let him cool off. Instead he stayed in the still quiet room, eyes fixed on Magnus.

"What the hell?" He asked the warlock through gritted teeth.

"Woah, woah, woah. You can't come barging in here and get angry with Mike for... whatever just happened," Tina said.

"Yeah, who even are you?" Artie asked.

"Why don't you ask 'Mike'" he said the name with a douse of venom, "He's great with names," Jace was glaring at him.

Magnus finally snapped out of his shock and looked up at the glowering shadowhunter, "Jace, how- why- what are you doing here?" He settled on. All of the new directions looked at him with confusion and shock. How did Mike know these two weird guys.

"I could ask you the same question," Jace replied, "Me and Alec are here taking a brotherly bonding work trip to track- to help the understaffed... church here find... a lost cat," He spoke in fragments, trying not to spill their mission to a bunch of mundanes, "But now we found the cat and it turns out that its his cat, but he didn't even know his cat was missing. So he was very shocked to find it all the way in Lima, he almost didn't even recognize him," Jace spun the tale to slightly lessen the confusion the glee club felt.

"Oh Alec," He breathed again.