Going Wonkers

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I walk downstairs and notice my brother sitting on the couch, flipping through channels on the T

I walk downstairs and notice my brother sitting on the couch, flipping through channels on the T.V. He had a sub sandwich in one of his hands. I exhaled as my super breath, known as my pressurized lung capacity, glitches and blew towards him, blowing his sandwich out of his hand and across the penthouse. "Oops. Well, that never happens, but that was hilarious." I remark.

Justin lifted an eyebrow and looked over at me, saying, "And now, I'm concerned." He stood up just as a brief cloud appeared over his head and started raining down on him. I cover my mouth, stifling back my laughter. The storm cloud cleared up and stopped then. "Hang on a sec. Both of us are experiencing uncontrollable glitching- Oh, no. I know what's going on. It's that time again."

"You don't mean-" I start as he nod. We share a look and then turn on our heels and run towards the stairs to gather everyone for a team meeting to inform them. The rest of the team, including Douglas and Donald, met us down in mission command.

"What's so urgent?" Bree inquired curiously yet also bored, sitting down on one of the stools.

"The Achilles Comet is approaching Earth." I explain as Skylar widened her eyes a little, knowing what that means. But other than my brother and her, everyone else looked at me in confusion. "The comet interferes with Earth's magnetic fields causing superhero powers- and even bionics- to act abnormally."

"So, everyone's powers will be acting wonky." Justin added. I snort and look at my brother as he looked over at me while I innocently smile at him.

"Wonky? What does that mean?" Bree questioned, her legs starting to move speedily fast as she super speeded into the wall behind us. She fell onto the floor and groaned out, "Ow. That's wonky."

I laugh, letting out, "I was kind of hoping something like that would happen. It just brightened up my day."

"I'm so glad that I was able to entertain you, Des." Bree remarked sarcastically, "Now, can you come over here and give me a hand!?" I smirk and step over to her and then slowly clap for her. Bree looked up at me unamused, still lying on the floor, while everyone else chuckled. I finally help her back up onto her feet and both of us move back over to the team.

"So, in other words, be very careful and cautious with your powers until this comet passes." Donald spoke up, looking at each one of us as we nod. Kaz yawned a little as a fire grenade flew out and lit a cyberdesk on fire. Donald shrieked and rushed to put it out with the fire extinguisher. Kaz looked at us and sheepishly chuckled, "Oops."

"This is gonna be a long day." Douglas commented.

Bree super speeded into the wall again as Oliver flew into the ceiling and both crashed onto the floor with a thud. "Ow. Tell me about it." The two of them groaned out. Bree super speeded in a full 360 circle twice still on the floor then and stopped.