Switched

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I block a punch from Bree as she swung her foot and hit me in my gut, making me step backwards

I block a punch from Bree as she swung her foot and hit me in my gut, making me step backwards. She jumped in the air and performed a roundhouse kick as I duck and kick her side; Bree grabbed both of my shoulders just as I push her up in the air by pressing my foot on her stomach and flipped her over me to where her back was now against the mat and I hovered above her. I raise my gloved fist at her but stop and jump off, stepping away a little.

Both of us was breathing heavy and caught our breaths while Bree sat up and looked over at me, starting, "Not bad. But once I'm pinned, you should try for a finishing blow." She commented and stood back up and faced me while I moved my hands over my knees, hunched over.

"You want full "Mortal Kombat"?" I remark, still hunched over but looked up at her.

"I want you to stop holding back, Des." Bree said, stepping closer to me.

I straighten up and look at her fully, throwing my arms up halfway and then back down on my sides, letting out, "I didn't want to hurt you." Bree looked at me pointedly as I correct myself, "I didn't want to try to hurt you. I feel like I'm constantly on the verge of..." I glanced at her and looked away. "I don't know."

"Look, we lost the List to Rodissius and your old friend betrayed you- again- and I bet it hurts a lot, but you can't just shut those feelings out. Can't sustain that." Bree started.

"Well, what's my option here? I just lose it right here?" I reply in frustration, "Believe me, I so want to just release it all, but you and I both know I can't lose control, especially with my powers."

"We've talked about this. Control. Embrace your emotions, your nerves. Use them... on your terms." Bree said, her hands on her hips.

"I don't know." I sighed, "What I'm feeling is pretty... dark. I'm afraid I'm gonna go postal and tear your head off."

"Go for it. I promise you won't." Bree simply commented as I look back at her.

"Maybe Des needs a break." Chase spoke up, entering the training room and stopped in front of the large red training mat that the two of us was still on, folding his arms lightly across his chest.

Bree looked over at her brother, one hand on her hip, saying, "Training is not a group activity."

"Yeah, I just came up here to- to see what it's about." Chase replied.

Bree grinned in amusement. "I'll tell you what, Chase- Come back in an hour. I'd be happy to show you what it's all about."